Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know Martina's best year was 1997. Next year is 2007. Could the ten year anniversary of her best year be the year for the Martina Hingis GRAND SLAM?

I THINK/HOPE SO!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
143 Posts
go hingis said:
We all know Martina's best year was 1997. Next year is 2007. Could the ten year anniversary of her best year be the year for the Martina Hingis GRAND SLAM?

I THINK/HOPE SO!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Yes you make excellent points, I agree precisely 100% :worship:

·
Registered
578 Posts
i hope so ;)

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
She did reach the QF of the Aus Open in 96 as well... not forgetting reaching the finals of Hambugh and lost 62 60 (same score as Tokyo Finals)...

So let's hope so...;)

but i would like her to win Roland Garros this year (as I can't wait!!)

Reactions: go hingis

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
great expectations
I think it will be beyond most people expectations if she just wins one.
Most people thought she could not get into the top 10.
Half the people thought she would not be competitive because women's tennis had gotten soooooooo much better.
Actually I think women's tennis is very exiting right now but not better at the top than ten years ago.
the top are going to be tough to beat Justin Hennin, Kim Clijsters and Amelie Moresmo.
I think one of them will win the French Open probably Justin.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is still a lot of 2006 left. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not saying Martina won't win any slams this year. I was just thinking how it will be 10years since Martina's best year and maybe it's a sign for another Martina Hingis Year!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Well... it's nothing to do with 1997, just the way Martina has bounced back so quickly and is constantly improving which make me think 2007 will be a great year for her. If she can take out Maria tonight, 2 top 5 players in one tournament, I think Martina's confidence will really grow :)

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
lynch79 said:
I hope so! And for this year too!
I would love to see that (when Serena and Ana aren't on the other side of the net ;) )

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,720 Posts
Hope so :p But i'll be content with one grand slam ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts