·
Registered
87,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
28,014 Posts
Re: Washington R1: Rebecca Peterson d. [1] Sloane Stephens 6-2 7-5

Dire from Sloane...she's having such a poor year propped up by a few "decent" slam runs in AO and RG.
Not sure her heart is in it since she got engaged tbh.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

WTF was that last game? 5 FH UFE half a meter long. Ostapenko/Keys kinda shite. Why the hell did she fight up until that point?

·
Registered
115,577 Posts
No Stephens.Gauff this week

·
Registered
87,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
18,855 Posts

Dire from Sloane...she's having such a poor year propped up by a few "decent" slam runs in AO and RG.
Not sure her heart is in it since she got engaged tbh.
She reached one SF this year, right? I think like three other QFs? That's a pretty horrific record, which those second-week runs at AO and RG can't really prop up.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts

NID. She wanted nothing to do with that Gauff match up... For either of their sakes. Off to Toronto, her new home.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
608 Posts
45 UEs. I feel like she always flops early in Washington :lol:
it must be tough to motivate yourself to play a match for only 10K in prize money when you already got paid like 200K just for showing up.
To go early to Toronto, fiance is waiting.
All of the above are 100% correct. She’s been so terrible in DC since she won 4 years ago but they still break her off something fierce every year to come back or she wouldn’t play until Rogers Cup. There’s also no one happier to be playing a tournament in Toronto than this girl. She’ll be on a flight tonight back home.

·
Registered
35,864 Posts
Does Sloane actually pick up a tennis racket between Wimbledon and DC? :eek: She's lost in the first round 6 of the 9 years she's played here.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Someone is surprised?

The usual careless Slow-Anne, this time with the further reason of not wanting to be forced to sweat in case of meeting Gauff.
Better leaving the stage to her and don't bother.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like Sloane,but I hate that she keeps playing these tournaments when she clearly doesn’t give a damn. I mean,is that appearance fee more important than your credibility on tour??

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
It's funny how people have been vainly trying to portray Stephens as a !!!star!!!-in-waiting for over half a decade and still no one outside of tennis cares, compared to the (scary but real) Gauff mania right now. Performances like this are why.

No wonder she supported Tatishvili after the RG prizemoney nonsense.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts