·
Registered
87,493 Posts
Shame that Cory has to play Q.

·
Registered
13,282 Posts
Re: Washington Q1 : [1] Cory Gauff d. Minasse 6-4 6-2

Why is it shame? It won't hurt her and she can gain more slightly more points and cash if she wins matches in qualies and later in the MD.

·
Registered
87,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Why is it shame? It won't hurt her and she can gain more slightly more points and cash if she wins matches in qualies and later in the MD.
Ok..but she is so young..not allowed to play so much tournament ( age rule) but sent her to Q?

Reactions: Ascanius

·
Registered
978 Posts

I watched it live. I’ve never seen a qualies match so full. The crowd LOVED her.

For those complaining about the tournament marketing CoCo, well it worked. The people came and left smiling.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi! I was there too in the stands, the crowd was cheering so much and I was too!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

Good win against a top end College player. Maria Sanchez or Kuwata next.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts

I don't believe the hype.

Reactions: BlueTrees

·
Registered
87,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
CoCo’s father stated that she wanted to play a WTA tournament before the US Open so they are very thankful she was able to get into the Citi draw.

He also said that she would play a limited number of tournaments regardless of the rules. Her game still needs a lot of development so they require large training blocks in between tournaments.

CoCo also said she’s not worried about stats and numbers (i.e. W/L records, main draw wins, etc.) right now. Just looking to play and train and get better.

Finally, her father said that they are prepared for ups and downs of her career. She will have great wins and devastating loses throughout this journey.

One cute story I forgot to share in my earlier post. There is really only one main ladies room at the Citi Open. I happened to be in there when CoCo’s mom came to use it before the match. All the women in there were wishing her good luck and telling her how proud they were of her daughter. They even made her go to the front of the line instead of waiting. Lol!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
The hate for Gauff on this site is real.. :spit:

She is for sure overhyped but we haven't had a WTA player get this much attention for a long time.. I wish her all the best and she's gotta take it slow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts