Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on the stats gauff played a good match. Nice serving numbers from her with 8 aces.
Hopefully she gets a good spot in the MD

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
And Coco's in the MD. :cheer:

Not a set dropped...good job at carrying the momentum from Wimbledon thus far and not flopping! Can draw Hibino, Blinkova, Diyas, or Giorgi. All potentially winnable matches even if she's not the favorite IMO (unless Camila randomly BBB peaks.)

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
She could have a very good showing here. With a title in Washington she will break into the top 100 so that will mean Grand Slam main draws starting next year, very good for her, probably not so good for many other top 100 players who would rather get a lower ranked seed than her in R1.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Based on the stats gauff played a good match. Nice serving numbers from her with 8 aces.
Hopefully she gets a good spot in the MD
Never in doubt, according to what has been posted on the official WTA site immediately after her match:

In the main draw, qualifying spots were drawn against a quartet of unseeded players: Camila Giorgi, Zarina Diyas, Anna Blinkova and Nao Hibino, and Gauff will next face Diyas of Kazakhstan in the first round.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Good for Coco!

Was New Balance always planning a red/white /blue kit for the USO series, or are they leaning in on Coco =patriotism? Will be interesting to see swamp thing's kit in San Jose.

ETA: they need to work on how she shifts her body weight and her backhand.

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
She did it on her own. No Wild Card to the Main Draw.
I could hear the ridicule on this forum had she lost in these Qualifiers.
Congratulation and good luck against Diyas.
Meanwhile, darling Aiava can't even win an ITF match.

Note: These Qualifiers would be on TV if they were taking place outside the USA. Here, trying to find a tennis match stream is like looking for a dinosaur.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Note: These Qualifiers would be on TV if they were taking place outside the USA. Here, trying to find a tennis match stream is like looking for a dinosaur.
No, the qualifications for international tournaments are never televised all over the world, apart sometime in Turkey.

This week there were 2 tournaments in Europe, Jurmala and Palermo, and no Qualification match has been visible, not even on streaming services.

·
Registered
14,958 Posts
Cake Q draw for her, buy she did what was needed. She beat two players who are 25 K level, if that.

·
She's coming for your faves wigs
18,888 Posts
No doubt Gauff should be a top 50 player, too early to tell anything else though.

·
Registered
87,477 Posts

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
87,477 Posts
The hype is absurd. I hope she will follow it. If not TF will explode.
:worship:

I like her but I saw to many overhyped girls the last years who reched - nothing!

·
Registered
14,958 Posts
Shell play Ziyas tomorrow. I already have my ticket so gotta get there early to park. Hopefully Hsieh plays early and Coco is the feature night match so I can get out of Dodge before the log jam.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
Ironically, Gauff probably faced a strong Kuwata today, Hiroko plays particularly well on the Washington hardcourts for some reason - (well by her standard = she wins a match or two).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts