Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
35,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back to prove the doubters wrong was always a huge task and extremely risky at the same because it could easily backfire. IMO retirement was a better option than living the worst case scenario of that decision (coming back to prove people wrong) and boy she is living that scenario for a while now! This train-wreck of a comeback only made people question her past success EVEN more. That's basically the last thing she needed. She should have retired long-time ago and not make things worse.

The damage can't be repaired. It only got worse. She should let it go. I would have felt bad for her if she was a bit likable. I do feel bad for her good fans tho. They got nothing from this comeback. Only one MM title, couple rare nice runs and even more questioning (which I believe is justified to a degree) of her past success. Not worth it imo. This all played out so awfully for her.

·
Registered
115,577 Posts
I dont think she was expecting so many injuries. I was surprised how slow she looked when she came back. And her game would have big lulls. She looked good beating Halep in NY and then couldnt stay at that level
I dont think she would have come back if she knew what this comeback would be
I also think she has a lot of enablers telling her how great she is. On tv I heard Gimelstob & Tracey Austin making it sound easy for her to come back and win a major

Reactions: Carnet

·
Registered
16,648 Posts
Was the comeback worth it for Sharapova?
It was a good thing she came back. We can now see what a "fighter she is", without Meldonium.
Her 3-set winning mystery has been exposed.
Halep is not Happy about the whole thing, and Serena is going "What? Now I see why she was always fresh in the 3rd set. I deserve a medal"..
lol lol lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
She is the biggest disgrace and fraud in the tennis history. Yeah, probably there were/are more dopers with bigger results in tennis, but she was too stupid and got caught (or she was doing it for far too long at a far too bigger and organised scale, a la Lance, and they had enough of it, which is more credible to me). She should have been stripped of her titles and banned for life. But, what the tennis authorities were too afraid to do, she is doing it to herself and proving to all that she was always nothing more than a vicious fraud and cheater and an average athlete. I'm having fun watching this, but for tennis it's a black spot that should quickly be erased and forgotten. I don't know what she's trying to prove, she should've just apologized to the sport's fans and especially to her opponents, which she illegally depraved of numerous titles and paychecks (and not for the fact that she forgot to check her fucking email, only this should tell you something about what kind of person she is). Oh, and there are no "good Sharapova fans". Most of her army of orcs are worst than her (if you can imagine that), at least here on TF, the vast majority of their activity is being all over other players threads spitting their frustrations out loud.

·
Registered
29,828 Posts
First few months after comeback were pretty solid. Something went wrong after title in Tianjin.

·
Registered
12,257 Posts
(and not for the fact that she forgot to check her fucking email, only this should tell you something about what kind of person she is).
Yeah...I mean of all the cardinal sins, the most sickening and depraved has to be...not checking your email! :eek::eek::eek::eek: I mean..emails have feelings too...I guess....

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
I think the issue is she went about this comeback all wrong, in every way.

At this age and stage of a players career- you need more time in the gym than anything. You need a stronger body than you had because you’re more prone to injures. I don’t think she’s in there enough really building up a strong base.

The strokes will always come back. But the body you have to constantly get with.

Reactions: Carnet

·
Registered
14,758 Posts
Her number 1 fan @TrollPova has also given up it seems.

Thought he would defend her till the end.

Losing to players like Diatchenko , Parmentier and Bouchard must be so hard take for Povastans

They are all quietly weeping somewhere right?
TrollPova hasn't the time of day for posting regularly in TF any more, she's probably hanging out in gay bars partying it up since she's old enough now to drink adult type beverages. I actually miss Matt and his wit, of course all in fun. >:)

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
It wasn't worth it. I agree 100% with the OP.
I'm sure a lot of women are not talking about Maria taking Meldonium because she wasn't the only one taking it, however those taking it all stopped when they were ordered to.
At the Australian Open 2015, at the time of her amazing 3 sets record, Maria made an amazing comeback against Alexandra Panova. I said to myself she must have some sort of super power. Boy was I right. But Panova in that match was inexplicably playing the best tennis of her life out of nowhere. So was she on it as well? She's Russian, so...
In cycling, those taking drugs are not criticizing those taking drugs, they all do it anyway.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts