Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Views and Opionons on Jenns heartbreaking semi-final lost to Justine Henin-Hardenne.

Was that her final run?

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
That was lindsay and jens best chance in a looooooong time to claim another title.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Yep and that was both lindsay and jenns last chance to win the usopen and tonite will be the last chance in a longtime henin and kim can claim the usopen aswell..I don't see venus and serena missing many more for a while..

·
Registered
643 Posts
Jen is still looking to improve and is still hungry! This may have been Jen's best route to the semis and final, but as long as she wants to play she still has a chance. I beleive this match motivated her to improve more on the parts of her game that let her down. If Jen wants to win the Us Open as she has said, than this loss will not detour that dream. She will be back and hopefully ready to win!

People said the same thing about Pete- he went out a US Open champion! :hearts:

·
Registered
931 Posts
No. She has two or three more chances and they are good ones. And that goes for the other slams and tournaments, as well.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I think it is. With Serena, Venus, Henin and Kim around then I say no to Lindsay, Monica and Cappy. I'll even go as far as saying Amelie won't be a grand slam winner because she chokes in slams too.

Oh not just the ladies. I'll include my Andre in there too. It's over for the usual Americans but the Williams sisters and maybe Andy.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
NO! Jen is better then most of the players on the tour, hopefully she can build on this. After her poor runs in the recent slams, you cant suddenly be able to win 7 matches in a row, it takes time to get back up there.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
VENUS, SERENA and the Belgians will be on missions of destructions for the next few years and with this game of Cap's, that shows a lack of focus, it is not likely at all that she will get another opportunity, like she did at this Open, to even make it to the finals of another Grand Slam.

This recent choking of the last two years is merely an indication of a point in the vicious cycle of of the problems in her game/life that will probably end her career in 2004.

·
Registered
643 Posts
yawns AGAIN

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I doubt if we will see JenCap's name on another GS trophy. Think her time has come and gone, which is why even though she is a fabulous player she is only ranked 6.

Lindsay is the same, unlikely to win another. Monica, put her in the same category as well.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
NO! Jen is better then most of the players on the tour, hopefully she can build on this. After her poor runs in the recent slams, you cant suddenly be able to win 7 matches in a row, it takes time to get back up there.
She is better than most players. There are a lot of players on tour but she's not better than the sisters or the top 2 Belgians and that's what matters in getting to the final in grand slams.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well Jenn showed that shes able to compete with all Justine, Serena and Kim. All close matches. Just a bit tight and tense closing matches out. Needs to play a good match, instead of good sets. Jenn and Venus would be intresting to watch haven't played in so long though.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Compete and win are two different things. Jen can compete but she can't seem to win and that's what we are talking about. Can she close out a match against the top tennis players? Can the girl win a slam? The answer imo is no if she has to run into the sisters and the Belgians.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Goal_Post said:
Was that her final run?
WAS IT FUCK!?

Jen proved she still has it in her to compete at the top. these tough three setters/marathon matches show she is still fit and able.

comparing her to Lindsay and Monica is just stupid :rolleyes: Look at Lindsay's semi and look at Jen's! they were worlds apart....Lindsay never looked like winning. Plus Monica and Linds have surgical problems to overcome.

Jen is as fit as she needs to be, i dont think anyone can criticise her weight and fitness. Henin is 7 years younger than Jen but almost died on court. Jen seems to be the only player at the moment who pushes the top players to the limit.

Last chance to win? was it hell! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Doesn't matter if she was looking like winning, actually winning is what counts. Jen is no closer to competing the the final than Lindsay is. I have no argument with your statements on her fitness etc., but I think she is just one step behind the WS and Belgians and that is what is going to stop her taking out another GS.

Jennifer's wife said:
WAS IT FUCK!?

Jen proved she still has it in her to compete at the top. these tough three setters/marathon matches show she is still fit and able.

comparing her to Lindsay and Monica is just stupid :rolleyes: Look at Lindsay's semi and look at Jen's! they were worlds apart....Lindsay never looked like winning. Plus Monica and Linds have surgical problems to overcome.

Jen is as fit as she needs to be, i dont think anyone can criticise her weight and fitness. Henin is 7 years younger than Jen but almost died on court. Jen seems to be the only player at the moment who pushes the top players to the limit.

Last chance to win? was it hell! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
I think this is her last chance because let's face it; all of the players who are contenders and who are better than her are younger than her. Plus, you cannot discount the Russians who will be contenders in a couple of years; they are younger than the current contenders.

She got a huge break when Venus withdrew becasue she knew that Venus was a threat to her, injured or not. She can't expect the sisters or most of the top players to miss future USO's.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Jen definitly still has it. Look at her matches with Serena and now Justine. It is just mental. Venus used to choke away big leads. Serena did it, Justine too. Kim remains to be seen. The choking is not permanent. When that happens and it could happen anytime,Jen will be back.
Players are human beings and it is very human to have highs and lows. A player's career is not etched in stone. One never knows.
Who knew when Martina won the AO 1999 at a tender age that it would be last.
When Venus won USO 2001, she looked on the brink of sweeping all the slam in 2002. It has been two years. One never knows.
Last year USO Justine lost to Daniela in the fourth, Kim to Ameie in the same round, this year they are the finalists.
Personally I sit back and wait and see. Jen can and should never be discounted.

·
Registered
643 Posts
thank you

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Lindsay seems to be fading fast -- she lost to Kim so easily it was almost embarrassing. but Jen fights like a dog. as long as she can keep her spirits up, she will keep fighting and may still have another slam in her. who knows?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts