Tennis Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
The thing about having challenges- as a player the power is in your hands in moments like this now. You have the right to take on the linesperson and umpire...
She should have challenged and she didn't.

·
Registered
8,036 Posts
I think Fett should go to jail or be fined because of this.
She's been drowning in itfs ever since
it is what she deserves.
She was never fave to win this match and noone though pre match she has much of chance anyhow... she didnt deserved hate and this" post that match" career-too nice person and talented player.

·
Premium Member
38,241 Posts
Why should have Fett challenged? She trusted the call, and thought she had this fair and square with another MP and the advance she had. If everybody thinks she should have challenged, then it means everybody thinks she didn't have this or should have not won. People's contradictions are deligthful. ?

Wozniacki won that slam. If you hate that fact, don't blame Fett, blame everything else. You can still wish the Dane never played tennis but she did, and did pretty fine. ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I watched this match live on TV. The commentators, as is often the case on big points that are unchallenged, soon after told everyone watching that Hawkeye reported it as in. From memory, we didn't also get a Hawkeye visual, just a verbal confirmation. Some times you get the Hawkeye visual too. However, unless one wants to argue that the commentators were lying, then I am not sure how it could be any more 'confirmed'*. Fett's serve was in.

* - Real degenerates could always beat themselves up over the possibility that Fett's serve was really out, but that Hawkeye's 3mm margin of error could have unfairly favoured Fett on this occasion. The other 99.99% of the tennis universe has just accepted it and moved on though. (y)
I watched in Australia and didn’t hear anything, where did you head it? Of course I believe you, just curious as to where it was. I have tried slowing down the replay as much as I can but no luck, i just cannot tell either way. My impression is that it was out but I would love to see a clear Hawkeye view on it.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts