Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know that this was two years ago now, and Wozniacki has just retired and Fett is nowhere, but in the past couple of weeks I STILL see people going on about Fett not challenging the call at 40-15, with many saying that it was an ace and that if she challenged she therefore would have won and Wozniacki would not have won the AO, her sole slam.

I am just wondering whether there has been any official confirmation about this call? I have watched the clip on YouTube many times and to me it looks out, but any offical confirmation on this?

·
Registered
25,515 Posts
It's too bad that they never showed us on TV. Sometimes they'll show us the hawkeye even if the players don't ask for it. I'm thinking if it had actually been in, then they would have shown us on TV as a talking point.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
It was in but it doesn't matter. History does not change. Maybe if it was in a final or smth but noone is going to remember what happened in the earlier rounds.

:unsure: Except if people keep remind and educate the young so fans can keep things in perspective. It can be done.

ex. Hey English people, did the ball pass the line or not in 1966?

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
It's too bad that they never showed us on TV. Sometimes they'll show us the hawkeye even if the players don't ask for it. I'm thinking if it had actually been in, then they would have shown us on TV as a talking point.
I think the opposite - they didn't want to spoil the Sunshine wins a slam and comeback narrative.

It looked clearly in.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I think the opposite - they didn't want to spoil the Sunshine wins a slam and comeback narrative.

It looked clearly in.
It looked clearly out. If you slow it down, you can almost see the blue between the ball and the line. And the camera angle gives off an illusion that the ball is further in the court than it actually is

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
It looked in, I still can't believe she did not challenge that.
I also can't believe that she was able to play at such a high level there and now is losing left and right to anybody.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts

·
Registered
4,304 Posts
No one on here knows for sure. Likely it was out but the video is not clear.

Anyways this dead horse was beaten enough. So many threads about this on tennis forum, time to move on and accept that she won a slam

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I take it that nobody has any clear evidence either way? It all just sounds like speculation to me, all those saying that it was definitely in appear to be haters just trying to “deny” her credit. I am neither a hater nor a fan so just want clear confirmation either way.

·
Registered
810 Posts
So I take it that nobody has any clear evidence either way? It all just sounds like speculation to me, all those saying that it was definitely in appear to be haters just trying to “deny” her credit. I am neither a hater nor a fan so just want clear confirmation either way.
Why do you need confirmation of something 2 years old, that CAN NOT be changed......i'd say there was a motive behind this.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts