Discussion Starter #582

·
Registered
84,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #583

·
Premium Member
20,321 Posts
Certainly it was about Dimitrov..you forgot Sharapovas reaction about that comment?
Why would Serena care about Sharapova? Her comments indicated she cared about the person. Sharapova doesn’t fit that billing. Her reaction was more of a person who wanted any excuse to trash Serena publicly, and she got her opportunity from the writer’s insinuations.

So Sui's take is also my take on this.

I think when Serena approached Mel ahead of Wimbledon it was to apologize for the speculation that this was about her. And then yes Mel and her team ran with it in a messy way.

The conversation that was eavesdropped on was between Serena and Venus. I just don't think they would discuss Mel. Also Serena and Mel tend to not move in the same circles or go to the same events. Caro is one of the few other players on tour Venus is actually close with too so to me that connection made sense. I don't think Mel is on Venus radar as she is way more aloof about the tour than Serena.

I suppose we will never know? It's also weird that if Grigor was blackheart that he would be forgiven by the entire Williams family.

·
Registered
84,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #586

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
NK was fined 113K so far, that is a crazy amount.
Not enough. He needs to be suspended for a month or two. He is a habitual offender.
ESPN is still milking the the incident from last years US Open. They are going to have a in retrospect style panel in which journalist, commentators, and Patrick Mortuwhatever are going to discuss the incident Saturday @1-- Serena Williams vs The Umpire. :|

·
Premium Member
20,321 Posts
NK was fined 113K so far, that is a crazy amount.

It was well deserved. I've always felt he gets criticised unfairly at least by other players often...but I watched yesterday's match and there was no call for any of it. He was upset over nothing and carried on with it for over an hour. Mentioning Nadal for no reason was even more :lol: He is way too harsh on umps and tournament officials.

The interesting bit was that the officials that saw him break his rackets in the back did not say a thing when the ump tried to verify it. Proving again that they pick and choose who offends them.

It was too bad too as he outplayed Khachanov for much of the match.

·
Registered
84,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #589

·
Premium Member
20,321 Posts
I don't think he should be banned either but a fine was very warranted.

Granted people did love this stuff when McEnroe and Capriatir were doing it...so I see the double standard. Buthis behavior last night was super gross.

Messy of Boris to call out Djokovic and Nadal as not wanting him to success though :lol:

·
Registered
14,355 Posts
Old man face is out now if only someone could take out Djoker I would be happy. Sloane was steamrolled by Kuzzy, now that's a waste of talent. Just shakes my head.

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Nick is such a waste of talent. I am BEYOND sick of the babying they do with this man. And hes just that a grown ass man child. This 'he's good for the game BS ' some of these commentators do is ridiculous. But Queen calls an umpire a thief and we losing games. I just cant deal.

Anyways looks like Rena secured that #8 seeding which I think is helpful. Nobody is really impressing in Cincy and I think NY is gonna be real open.

·
Registered
14,355 Posts
Nick is such a waste of talent. I am BEYOND sick of the babying they do with this man. And hes just that a grown ass man child. This 'he's good for the game BS ' some of these commentators do is ridiculous. But Queen calls an umpire a thief and we losing games. I just cant deal.

Anyways looks like Rena secured that #8 seeding which I think is helpful. Nobody is really impressing in Cincy and I think NY is gonna be real open.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing, it could be a good opportunity for Serena.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I will never understand how Keys has not made any substantial improvements to her game since she first came on tour. She is everything that Venus and Serena's detractors say about them. Just bludgeons the ball on every shot with absolutely no thought or game plan.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't think he should be banned either but a fine was very warranted.

Granted people did love this stuff when McEnroe and Capriatir were doing it...so I see the double standard. Buthis behavior last night was super gross.

Messy of Boris to call out Djokovic and Nadal as not wanting him to success though :lol:
I think he should be banned for a couple of tournaments. His behaviour is beyond toxic. Besides, considering how they treated Serena for her outbursts at USO, I think that's the least they could do. They called her anything but a child of god. The double standard is out of this world and then they have the nerve to say that we see race everywhere.

Nick is a grown man. It's one thing to break rackets and get angry at yourself, it's another to abuse the line judges...etc. He's just a spoiled child. Nothing more and nothing less. There's nothing deep about him.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I will never understand how Keys has not made any substantial improvements to her game since she first came on tour. She is everything that Venus and Serena's detractors say about them. Just bludgeons the ball on every shot with absolutely no thought or game plan.
I'm not entirely sure who it is on BT Sport, but one of the male commentators (David Mercer possibly), has me dying whenever I hear him commentate on her matches. It's like he's personally affronted by her lack of game plan :lol:

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Serena said during Wimbledon that she is playing the Asian swing as she wants to take Olympia to the great wall and playing the Asian swing would be a very good idea but my expectations are the lowest the have ever been.
Oh, really? That's great news. I was hoping she'd play, as she would 1.) get more match play, 2.) get more points, giving her a chance to play the YEC, if desired.

Personally, I feel good about her chances, both this year and next, as long as she can stay healthy. If the knee (and everything else) holds, up, she'll do fine.

Think about it: Ree has contested the finals in 3 of the 6 majors she's attended since coming back. That's all while being rusty, out of shape, carrying extra weight, and battling pectoral / knee injuries. Imagine how well she can do when she's actually in form...

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,113 Posts
Oh, really? That's great news. I was hoping she'd play, as she would 1.) get more match play, 2.) get more points, giving her a chance to play the YEC, if desired.
She didn't actually commit to playing. Just gave her usual "I'd like to play," response. :lol::zzz:
Q. Looking fairly far ahead in the season, you haven't played after the US Open in quite a few years. If you're feeling healthy, is that something you're resolved not to do this year?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I would love to play the season in the fall because I've missed basically the whole year. It would actually be nice to kind of pick up some matches. Also I like to go to different areas because it's nice to take Olympia to put her on top of the Great Wall and take a picture. It's always a nice experience.
The Wuhan entry list is out and she isn't on it. She's speaking in Detroit the week of the YEC. I wouldn't hold my breath on Serena playing in Asia. :lol: I guess she could play Beijing, but if she's already resolved on skipping YEC... will she really be motivated to show up?

·
Registered
84,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #600
http://instagr.am/p/B1Rwb_EIggL/
am very proud of @serenawilliams..
20 years after winning her 1st Grand Slam title, she still plays tennis with the same passion and heart. She gives it all, like if it was her first tournament ever.
This picture of the trophy ceremony of Toronto sums it all.
She is a living lesson for the young generation.
#serena #tennis

581 - 600 of 606 Posts