Tennis Forum banner

561 - 580 of 606 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
This was huge that she got the monkey off her back playing Osaka. She proved that it was more the nerves than Osaka’s talent that cost her the Open. Serena knows she can beat these girls, she just lets the pressure overwhelm her.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
just 24 and 25 by any means

Winning the Final would actually help, just do not understand what's going she hasn't been the Serena of old since she came back, I really thought that when she returned in Indian Wells in 2018 she would be in the form she was in when she won the 2017 Australian Open and win title after title and go on a huge winning streak.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Top 8 seed isn’t assured yet. Although thankfully thanks to losses of various players (Sevastova and Bencic)I believe there is only 2 players who can take it from Serena. Sabalenka and Stephens. Also they would both meet in the semis so only one of them can move ahead of Serena by winning the title in Cincinnati.

Annoyingly if Serena had of won her first round match Stephens would have been out of the running.

This is all assuming they do the seeding next week after this tournament and don’t count the Bronx Open where the highest seed currently entered is Konta. I don’t believe they will but if they do it opens the door again for potentially Sabalenka and Stephens to take the top 8 seed depending on how they do in Cincinnati and if they enter the Bronx Open.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,113 Posts
Top 8 seed isn’t assured yet. Although thankfully thanks to losses of various players (Sevastova and Bencic)I believe there is only 2 players who can take it from Serena. Sabalenka and Stephens. Also they would both meet in the semis so only one of them can move ahead of Serena by winning the title in Cincinnati.

Annoyingly if Serena had of won her first round match Stephens would have been out of the running.

This is all assuming they do the seeding next week after this tournament and don’t count the Bronx Open where the highest seed currently entered is Konta. I don’t believe they will but if they do it opens the door again for potentially Sabalenka and Stephens to take the top 8 seed depending on how they do in Cincinnati and if they enter the Bronx Open.
Yeah, they'll be using next Monday's rankings post-Cincinnati. Bronx Open will have no impact. Sabalenka or Stephens winning Cincy is the only way for Serena to drop to #9.

Shouldn't make too much of a difference which seeding Serena ends up with tbh. The 5-8 ladies are all slumping, injured, or named Svitolina.... so Serena dropping to #9 and playing one of them R4 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. The potential R3 draws don't look too bad either.

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,113 Posts
I'm just annoyed/disappointed that the USO (a tournament that I *swore* I wasn't gonna watch) is probably her only event left this year. :tears:

I wish she didn't already have commitments the week of the YEC so I could spend the next 2 months clinging to delusion that she'd play in Shenzhen.

·
Registered
53,487 Posts
So one last tournament in 2019: US Open.

I think Serena will reach the final again. And lose or retire in the final :sobbing:

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Winning the Final would actually help, just do not understand what's going she hasn't been the Serena of old since she came back, I really thought that when she returned in Indian Wells in 2018 she would be in the form she was in when she won the 2017 Australian Open and win title after title and go on a huge winning streak.
nerves and she is getting older.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
So one last tournament in 2019: US Open.

I think Serena will reach the final again. And lose or retire in the final :sobbing:

Serena said during Wimbledon that she is playing the Asian swing as she wants to take Olympia to the great wall and playing the Asian swing would be a very good idea but my expectations are the lowest the have ever been.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I was just watching the Kyrgios match, and the shit he pulled was just unbelievable! Serena has never stooped as low as him, and yet people vilify her like she's the worst person in the world. Yet I don't see people coming for Kyrgios the same way they try to come for her. That is ridiculous! I would not be surprised if he just gets a slap on the wrist for what he did. Such a double standard.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I was just watching the Kyrgios match, and the shit he pulled was just unbelievable! Serena has never stooped as low as him, and yet people vilify her like she's the worst person in the world. Yet I don't see people coming for Kyrgios the same way they try to come for her. That is ridiculous! I would not be surprised if he just gets a slap on the wrist for what he did. Such a double standard.
He is the worst :eek:

I truly pity most of his masochistic fanbase that mostly consists of basement-dwelling, insecure beta males who live vicariously through his antics.

What's even more sad than the fact that he calls umpires "a fucking tool", spits in their direction, throws racquets in their direction, throws water bottles in their direction, walks off the court without permission to destroy two rackets in the hallway, argues with the crowd, publicly humiliates fellow players on social media, throws chairs, destroys chairs and other tournament property and tanks matches is that he is honestly just a piece of shit person and a giant hypocrite.

It's absolutely HILARIOUS that he accuses Djokovic of being an attention whore and desperate for people to like him when everything Kyrgios does is for attention :spit: I don't believe even half of his antics anymore, I'm convinced that he does them on purpose because that is what gets most views and people absolutely love seeing him behave this way. The ATP and the umpires are also very lenient with him most of the time due to his "popularity".

Honestly, I think he is an immature manbaby, completely unprofessional, over the top, a drama queen, disrespectful, a hypocrite and just a piece of shit in general :shrug: People are still coming for Serena in every single thread, post, social media, YouTube, etc. because she called Ramos a "point thief". Kyrgios' behavior isn't only excused, but is praised by more fans than it's criticised.

I've been so done with him since 2016, but this year he took it too far. I never wish anything bad happen to a player, but I would honestly be so happy to see him retire :eek:

I have to feel for the umpire who got repeatedly verbally abused by this clown as well as Khachanov who was clearly annoyed and affected (at one point Kyrgios walked off to the chair in the middle of Khachanov's game to apply tape even though the umpire told him he wasn't allowed to do that).

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
This was huge that she got the monkey off her back playing Osaka. She proved that it was more the nerves than Osaka’s talent that cost her the Open. Serena knows she can beat these girls, she just lets the pressure overwhelm her.
Osaka outplayed her. Serena was a few months into her comeback, short on match play, and her movement was compromised. Nerves definitely played a part, but she was not ready to win that match, and only could have done so had she been at least at 75%.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It seems she feels good now, I saw pics of her and her crew with...Dimitrov at Kings Island Park near Cinci ! ?
Not the first time we see them together.
What happened to the black heart ?

·
Registered
14,355 Posts
It seems she feels good now, I saw pics of her and her crew with...Dimitrov at Kings Island Park near Cinci ! ?
Not the first time we see them together.
What happened to the black heart ?
That's interesting, I wonder what that's about? How close is she to Dimitrov?

·
Registered
84,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #576
There was never any proof that Dmitrov was 'black heart' though. It seems more like it was about McIlroy and Caro.
Certainly it was about Dimitrov..you forgot Sharapovas reaction about that comment?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Why would Serena care about Sharapova? Her comments indicated she cared about the person. Sharapova doesn’t fit that billing. Her reaction was more of a person who wanted any excuse to trash Serena publicly, and she got her opportunity from the writer’s insinuations.

·
Registered
84,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #579
Serena looks great, watching Venus right now..

·
Registered
84,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #580
561 - 580 of 606 Posts