Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roddick not only threw his raquet and almost hit the ump, but said either "shut the fuck up" or "get the fuck up" in the tb??
and he didn't get called for either when he should have gotten called for both.

those are two warnings, therefore a point to ljubicic

i remember ivanisevic playing safin in a fourth set tb at wimbledon and goran said "fuck the machine" cause he thought he had gotten a bad call at an important point and got the warning...

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Lalala-life goes on.

Its an advantage to playing in his home country, it isn't fair but it happened, and I'm sure it would happen for Tim Henman at Wimbledon, Clement at RG.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
What I find amazing is if Hewitt did such a thing everyone would be all over him, calling him a jerk, he would have been fined and the crowd would have been booing. Let's face it Roddick is the flavour of the month, the big golden hope of the US.

croat123 said:
Roddick not only threw his raquet and almost hit the ump, but said either "shut the fuck up" or "get the fuck up" in the tb??
and he didn't get called for either when he should have gotten called for both.

those are two warnings, therefore a point to ljubicic

i remember ivanisevic playing safin in a fourth set tb at wimbledon and goran said "fuck the machine" cause he thought he had gotten a bad call at an important point and got the warning...

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Sargsian shattered his racket v. Blake, and did not receive a warning either. Coincidentally, also in a tiebreaker.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
...oh and Malisse was swearing and did not get a warning.

It's a tough loss for Ivan, but he's tainting a really good match with really bad words.

·
Registered
32,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didn't someone lost a match last year in a third set tiebreak on the wta tour because of a warning. there can't be a double standard. code violations should always be called or souldn't exist

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
I doubt you would care if it was Majoli, Sprem or Ivanicevic not getting a warning.

There are many factors, it's not a question of double standards. During a tie-break umpires won't be as severe knowing the tension is higher. And there was a situation in extreme heat the umpire didn't give a warning to Capriati in the Australian Open final.

Players throw rackets all the time, they don't always get warning. And probably the umpire didn't hear Roddick saying "fuck".

·
Registered
32,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i believe hingis got a warning in that aussie final vs. jen at the end of the 2nd set tb

goran got one in exactly the same position at wimbledon vs. safin

i don't think majoli and sprem ever do anything that is worth a code violation

1 - 12 of 12 Posts