Tennis Forum banner

How did Ons Jabeur get so many instagram followers?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Man....I'm confused here. 2 million followers....Emma, check..... 700K followers....Gauff, got it..... 31K followers for some 12 year old no one has ever heard of?. WTF dude?o_O....I assume she is at least a tennis player? Hard to follow your natural progression there sport, that's for sure. I mean 2 million down to 700 K is a big drop, but referencing someone with 31K followers? Dude....my dentist has 10K followers, as he offers discounts for following.... so again.... WTF?
Its sick that 31k idiots are following a 12 year old who has never played a junior match. This poor girl can only flop badly. Its sad how she got promoted by her fanatic mom. That kid is done before she is 16. But maybe she can have a Kournikova career?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Rubbish. Barty couldn’t give a hoots for example - and why should she. Not all top athletes are superficial. This obsession with Insta followers is weird and unhealthy.
Oh please the only obsession here is you thinking that it is totally meaningless when it’s not. Insta followers is a measure of popularity. It sure helps the tour and it sure helps the player, in various ways.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
I think it´s obvious she must be very popular in Africa and in the Muslim countries because there is no other player with those qualities that was so high in the rankings and so successful, she is also very charismatic and people want to follow her

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Its sick that 31k idiots are following a 12 year old who has never played a junior match. This poor girl can only flop badly. Its sad how she got promoted by her fanatic mom. That kid is done before she is 16. But maybe she can have a Kournikova career?
So she is a tennis player? I thought she might be some child TV star, which is why i never heard of her. Thanks Chris,as @EfremovaFan didn't respond....that's for clearing that up....you're a champ.(y)

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
So she is a tennis player? I thought she might be some child TV star, which is why i never heard of her. Thanks Chris,as @EfremovaFan didn't respond....that's for clearing that up....you're a champ.(y)
Knesia is living fulltime at mourataglou academy! But tennis player is a big word. She had played nothing special. Why did you think she is a tv star? Knesia fan is talking about her all the time how she will become the biggest tennis star ever. She will win her first GS at 16. He is telling this to all of us for a long time.

but to put everything in perspective. Olympia Ohanians doll qaiqai has more then 3 million followers at tiktok and 25M likes 🤣

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
On the other hand, I was checking during the Vika match, and was quite surprised to see Pegula only on 25k. I thought her year and nationality would have saw her on around 75k at least, possibly more. Not sure how many she started the year on though.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Acting like IG followers is some kind of measurement of human greatness...
The most probable outcome here is that both Jabeur and Krejcikova don't give a single fuck about this.
Considering her thoughts about being “popular” and wanting people to come out and watch her play and get show court scheduling ……

·
Registered
716 Posts
If Jabeur is playing, they always show her game live, with special Arabic commentary, then they replay the game several times the next day (especially is jabeur wins). This is on Bien sports, Qatar owned satellite network....which of course, is available throughout the region.

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Oh please the only obsession here is you thinking that it is totally meaningless when it’s not. Insta followers is a measure of popularity. It sure helps the tour and it sure helps the player, in various ways.
So shallow.

·
Registered
Azarenka Kenin Ostapenko Badosa
855 Posts
its tiktok this days , more then insta
insta is more used for PR activities
at tiktok we seen them more as there self
Still, decent sport stars don't go over to Tiktok. That's for the Chinese and the American kid stars

·
Registered
8,259 Posts
Still, decent sport stars don't go over to Tiktok. That's for the Chinese and the American kid stars
there are many sport or tennis players at tiktok. Its the future and you can reach the next gen.
instagram and especially fb become more and more old media

·
Registered
Azarenka Kenin Ostapenko Badosa
855 Posts
there are many sport or tennis players at tiktok. Its the future and you can reach the next gen.
instagram and especially fb become more and more old media
If you mean that 20 sec videos are the future, then it's just a bad one. It's more suited for future rap stars, karaoke singers and contortionists than serious sportsmen/-women.
How would instagram become more of an old media is only explainable by the current generation Alpha. Any sane sports stars should not aim them primarily

·
Registered
610 Posts
On the other hand, I was checking during the Vika match, and was quite surprised to see Pegula only on 25k. I thought her year and nationality would have saw her on around 75k at least, possibly more. Not sure how many she started the year on though.
She’s a billionaires daughter. How do you even market that? 😂😂

·
Registered
9,254 Posts
She’s a billionaires daughter. How do you even market that? 😂😂
Maybe :D, but still...

25k is shockingly low though for the year that she has had. For context, Badosa has gained 4k more than Peg's total amount since beating Kerber yesterday.

·
*Sesil*
21,920 Posts
Make the top 10 in singles, world number 1 in doubles with two doubles slams. Yes she can only hope to have such a career

41 - 58 of 58 Posts