Tennis Forum banner

How did Ons Jabeur get so many instagram followers?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

Registered
How did Emma amass over 2M followers on IG with only one slam title? How did Efremova amass 31K followers on IG at age 12 not even allowed to play junior tour yet. How did Coco amass over 700K followers with only 2 WTA 250 titles? 馃榾馃榾
Raducanu up to 2M - looks...Raducanu 30k before Juniors? weird, is this actually true?
Coco - media hype/PR machine.

Registered
Raducanu up to 2M - looks...Raducanu 30k before Juniors? weird, is this actually true?
Coco - media hype/PR machine.
Raducanu was around 10k pre-Wimbledon, 400k after Wimbledon and since her USO win, quintupled her follower count. Same with Twitter as well.

Registered
I think part of it is indeed the MENA/SWANA fans getting behind one of their few athletes in the sport, but she also plays a wildly entertaining game when on, and has some genuine star quality to boot.

Her matches are always flooded with excited fans, even when they give her the late session there are large groups there supporting her and making posters etc. Toronto looked like Sousse this year during her matches. The WTA are lucky to have her, she's bringing in a whole new region of eyes to the tour, and has consistently delivered entertainment throughout the whole season (hard, grass, clay) as the tour leader in match wins.

Registered
Because there are hundreds of millions of Arabs in the world, while there are only 10 million Czechs.
You're welcome.
Why not do a comparison between Tunisians and Czechs ?

Registered
She was born in the wrong country! She could of amassed `156 million followers by now had she been born in any of football (soccer) mad playing countries just for her skills when kicking a tennis ball.

Registered
yes, there are a lot of Arabs around the world. BUT ONS has the best hand skills on the tour and maybe one of the best in the history. Anyone who denies this is simply stupid.

Registered
Acting like IG followers is some kind of measurement of human greatness...
The most probable outcome here is that both Jabeur and Krejcikova don't give a single fuck about this.
Your an idiot for thinking it doesn鈥檛 matter. For top athletes social followers does matter.

Registered
its tiktok this days , more then insta
insta is more used for PR activities
at tiktok we seen them more as there self

Registered
Rubbish. Barty couldn鈥檛 give a hoots for example - and why should she. Not all top athletes are superficial. This obsession with Insta followers is weird and unhealthy.
But Krejcikova does care.

The WTA is obsessed with off court money making since this is how they seem to survive. Of course a lot of the players will care, not all. They will see Osaka making in a year more than they will ever make in a lifetime for sitting on her ass and being a media sensation, and wonder "why not me".

Registered
MENA region (Middle East North Africa)....population of around 580 million.

I鈥檝e noticed Jabeur wearing Qatar airways logo, she鈥檚 minted. 馃槑
I'll be curious to see where her followers come from. Because it's certainly not a given that she'll have tons of supporters from the "Arab world" because she speaks Arabic. Just like it's not a given that someone from a Spanish speaking country will have tons of supporters because they speak Spanish. Doubt that an Emirati or an Iraqi cares what a Tunisian is doing. I can tell you that in one corner of the Arab world, 99% of the people haven't heard of her and don't care at all what she's done.

Back when Morocco had three men in top flight of the ATP, most of the Arab world didn't give a h***.

Registered
How did Emma amass over 2M followers on IG with only one slam title? How did Efremova amass 31K followers on IG at age 12 not even allowed to play junior tour yet. How did Coco amass over 700K followers with only 2 WTA 250 titles? 馃榾馃榾
Man....I'm confused here. 2 million followers....Emma, check..... 700K followers....Gauff, got it..... 31K followers for some 12 year old no one has ever heard of?. WTF dude?o_O....I assume she is at least a tennis player? Hard to follow your natural progression there sport, that's for sure. I mean 2 million down to 700 K is a big drop, but referencing someone with 31K followers? Dude....my dentist has 10K followers, as he offers discounts for following.... so again.... WTF?

21 - 40 of 58 Posts