Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Got interview up with Virginia Wade this week. She has a good old rant about stuff, including slagging off the Russians and saying the game needs a star in general (fairly obvious). Interesting how highly she rates Lisicki though. Not sure myself she is necessarily all that. Need to see more of her. What you guys think?

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
LIsicki's got potential but I think the next real star player is Azarenka. And her bitchy personality will make her even more of a headline getter. Not too many of the stars from the last ten years HAVE staying power though, so who knows how long the next star will last before she fades/burns out.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I was way more impressed by Lisicki than by Azarenka.

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
the tour does desperately need a federer/nadal like-dominant player. as much as many of us dont liek someone dominating, non-obsessed (lol) tennis fans and occassional tennis fans seem to enjoy it much more.

i think lisicki is a potential top player... azarenka is better but

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I like the look of Lisicki too from what i've seen of her, although it remains to be seen whether her ultra-aggressive game can get her consistent results with the small margain for error her big hitting leaves her.

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Hey guys,

Got interview up with Virginia Wade this week. She has a good old rant about stuff, including slagging off the Russians and saying the game needs a star in general (fairly obvious). Interesting how highly she rates Lisicki though. Not sure myself she is necessarily all that. Need to see more of her. What you guys think?
Is that really your blog? You work for the dailymail? Do you get free Wimbledon tickets? :speakles: Are you single? Do you want to take me to Wimbledon :lol:... no really! :tape:

On Virginia's comments, interesting. Especially considering how WS fans get slated and genigrated when they say anything like the WS are the players to beat, or like there is a desire/demand for people to come up and beat them - with a celebratory feel in the air when is sort of happens. The sentiment is captured in the title to some extent and Wade is not the firts or last to state that.

Good blog all round. ^.^

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is that really your blog? You work for the dailymail? Do you get free Wimbledon tickets? :speakles: Are you single? Do you want to take me to Wimbledon :lol:... no really! :tape:

On Virginia's comments, interesting. Especially considering how WS fans get slated and genigrated when they say anything like the WS are the players to beat, or like there is a desire/demand for people to come up and beat them - with a celebratory feel in the air when is sort of happens. The sentiment is captured in the title to some extent and Wade is not the firts or last to state that.

Good blog all round. ^.^
Yes, it really is mine! but i'm afraid i don't even get free tickets for my family...they are strict down there! as for the single part, that's a no too :eek:. Glad you like the blog though. should have more stuff from her tomorrow about federer. i can't see past serena at wimbledon this year...really can't

·
Banned
15,895 Posts
Hey guys,

What does that mean? :unsure:

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
Zvonareva can handle the Williams sister? Last match went to V if I remember rightly. :tape:

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
Yes, it really is mine! but i'm afraid i don't even get free tickets for my family...they are strict down there! as for the single part, that's a no too :eek:. Glad you like the blog though. should have more stuff from her tomorrow about federer. i can't see past serena at wimbledon this year...really can't
:awww: No free tickets and NO MRUK for me :sobbing:.

I'll look forward to the Federer blog anyway ^.^

What does that mean? :unsure:
:tape:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts