Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Nice to see Morita qualify - has quite a tough 1st round draw looking at the difference in rankings alone. Hopefully the 2 wins in qualies will push her inside top 700.

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Morita and Hradecka both lost 1st round matches ☹ Top seed easily through to the 2nd round.

Vickery is in action now.

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
All top 4 seeds through to 2nd round - Krejcikova was the only one who struggled. Zhu, Diyas and Vickery breezed through.

·
Registered
40,218 Posts
I am very happy with The Diyas result that could’ve been a difficult match!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,297 Posts
Ma starting her 2020 the same way she finished last year. I wasn't expecting much against Vickery, but it's crazy to think that she came through quals to make the final of one of the HK W25s 12 months ago, and then won a W25 in Germany and Hong Kong a few months later - she's barely done anything since Anning in April. I thought she was going to be a half decent prospect.

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Top 4 seeds through to quarterfinals. Again, Lin Zhu, Diyas and Vickery eased through whereas Krejcikova struggled...

Would be good to see the top 4 seeds in the semis.

·
Registered
40,218 Posts
Vickery winning 3 & 1 in an hour and 42 mins. Boy that was a push fest...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Zhu, Diyas and Vickery through to the semis. Not surprising Krejcikova lost as she struggled to get to the quarterfinals.

Diyas v Vickery semifinal is good quality for a £25K ITF. I hope the winner of this match wins the whole thing.

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Doubles Results up to 3 Jan 2020

Wu Fang-Hsien 吳芳嫺 together with Chen Pei Hsuan 陳佩萱 were runner-up and champion of the two HK 25Ks in the previous year, also identical results two years ago (two 15Ks).

In this tournament she is the only one player from Taiwan.

View attachment 172662

·
Registered
5,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
"You may not edit more than 10 different posts within 7 days"

The rule is much more strict than allowing editing within 24 hours. I couldn't edit the same post several times within a few minutes.

Ignore the post above!

Doubles Results up to 3 Jan 2020

Wu Fang-Hsien 吳芳嫺 together with Chen Pei Hsuan 陳佩萱 were runner-up and champion of the two HK 25Ks in the previous year, also identical results two years ago (two 15Ks).

In this tournament she is the only one player from Taiwan.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Zhu, Diyas and Vickery through to the semis. Not surprising Krejcikova lost as she struggled to get to the quarterfinals.

Diyas v Vickery semifinal is good quality for a £25K ITF. I hope the winner of this match wins the whole thing.
She has struggled, but I do find it interesting that she also is featured in the Shenzhen Qualifying Draw...might have not been trying all that hard today knowing it would be a tough test.

·
Registered
11,373 Posts
Final match up H2H goes slightly in Zarina’s favour - she leads 2-1. All their previous meetings have also been on Asian hardcourts - all straight sets.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts