Tennis Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
McNally lost her title defence in the quarters - if she had won it would have been an all American semi final line up.

I hope Shelby takes the title now - she could find herself back in the top 100 before her beloved Charleston tournament if she keeps up this form and with a couple of wins across the IW/Miami double.

Registered
Discussion Starter #27
Quarterfinals

(6)Shelby Rogers (USA) d. (Q)Gabriela Talaba (ROU) 64 64
(wc)Irina Falconi (USA) d. (5)Yanina Wickmayer (BEL) 36 61 64

Jamie Loeb (USA) d. Catherine Harrison (USA) 64 63
(7)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR) d. (2)Caty McNally (USA) 26 63 64

Registered
Irina has had 3 amazing come from behind victories with some incredible shot-making this week but I don't think she'll get past Shelby.

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Semifinals

(6)Shelby Rogers (USA) d. (wc)Irina Falconi (USA) 75 76(4)
(7)Anhelina Kalinina (UKR) d. Jamie Loeb (USA) 60 61

Registered
Shelby :D It鈥檒l be tough v Kalinina who seems to be in very good form this week, knocking out the defending champion and other home favourites.

Registered
Not the way anyone wants an outcome of a final - great week for both players and Shelby鈥檚 wins here helps her edge closer to being back inside the top 100, where she belongs.

Registered
I went on livestream.com to watch a replay of the final and was like wtf is Wickmayer doing on the court. Took me a few minutes to realize Rogers had won a walkover in the final. I guess it was nice for the paying fans to have an exhibition.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts