Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Retired
7,134 Posts
Also, the tournament website is displaying the Belarusian Independence flag on the players list, instead of the current official one for the players from this country. I definitely love this tournament already :p

·
Registered
9,452 Posts
Also, the tournament website is displaying the Belarusian Independence flag on the players list, instead of the current official one for the players from this country. I definitely love this tournament already :p
But isn't this also the tournament where Kops-Jones was saying the owner is a creep who tries to sleep with players? Or am I mixing it up with another one :censored:

·
Registered
10,218 Posts
But isn't this also the tournament where Kops-Jones was saying the owner is a creep who tries to sleep with players? Or am I mixing it up with another one :censored:
You are thinking Moulton-Levy

Reactions: Haihui

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
ITF streamed the first match on Court 1. The video was decent quality. But they did not continue with the second match on that court. ITF is not streaming any match from this tournament. There are 4 macthes going on.

·
Registered
79,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Singles Main Draw

(1)Shuai Zhang (CHN) v Ankita Raina (IND)
Qinwen Zheng (CHN) v Q
(wc)Anna Danilina (KAZ) v Anastasia Gasanova (RUS)
(7)Lesia Tsurenko (UKR) v (wc)Lina Glushko (ISR)

(3)Xinyu Wang (CHN) v Daria Snigur (UKR)
Q v Q
Viktoria Kuzmova (SVK) v Mai Hontama (JPN)
(6)Viktoriya Tomova (BUL) v Lesley Pattinama Kerkhove (NED)

(8)Polona Hercog (SLO) v (wc)Sandra Samir (EGY)
Natalia Vikhlyantseva (RUS) v (SR)Vitalia Diatchenko (RUS)
Yuliya Hatouka (BLR) v Q
(4)Kristina Kucova (SVK) v (wc)Weronika Falkowska (POL)

(5)Ana Bogdan (ROU) v Aleksandra Krunic (SRB)
Q v Q
Mayo Hibi (JPN) v Q
(2)Saisai Zheng (CHN) v Q

·
Retired
7,134 Posts
From the tournament website:
“Our ambitions for this tournament are big. We are in the process of a big announcement that will see us co-operating with a government department and this will really raise the profile of our tournament,” Al Habtoor said at the draw ceremony that was held in the presence of top players including India’s Ankita Raina, Egypt’s Sandra Samir and Natalia Vikhlyantseva of Russia.
If this means lifting the tournament up to another level, then it's maybe heading to the WTA road as it couldn't get any higher on the ITF stage (well, assuming they don't want it to become a Grand Slam!).

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Schoofs vs Mitu was a good Quality match. Journey woman Mitu played like the top 100 player she was many years ago and outhit Schoofs for a comfortable win 64 62. 19 year old Krueger battled 30 year old Fomina, both were aggressive players taking the ball early and hitting hard. Krueger did well to win in 2 sets. Grabher looked good. Selekhmetova won comfortably, she needs a few MD wins to get AO qualies spot.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts