Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
two fellow junior Wimbledon winners battling it out. Good job, Daria. The next round is definitely winnable against another qualifier Frech, but the potential SF could be vs Mladenovic, ouch.

·
Rest in peace Bally
15,159 Posts
So Pota is done right? 🤷

A new young talent destroying her isn't a good sign is it? :spit:

·
Registered
18,747 Posts
What a way to beat "a promising talent" from last year. Potapova regressed a lot... she needs a quick reality check. With that serve, she'll always be vulnerable.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've always found potapova underwhelming, I think she'll rebound in a year or 2 and have a solid top 25-40 career. I'll have to keep an eye on Daria though havent seen much of her yet, she seems promising.

·
Registered
279 Posts

Just watched parts of the match, potapova was awful but I really like Snigur's game. Reminds me a bit of myskina, moves well, simple flat groundstrokes and is a good counterpuncher with just enough power to hurt her opponents when she can. The serve needs work but I like her prospects.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Well her serve is a mess - looks very amatour. Her footwork ( when returning) is also strange.
But man .. she can run and she can use her both weapons BH and FH.
She is rather counterpuncher - but she can also play aggressive if wants. I hope she can win this title and improve for the next year . It would be nice to watch her more and more :)

·
🐟🐟
4,293 Posts
All you need to know about Daria.

Q. What do you think about Elina Svitolina and Yastremska as well? Why so many great players coming from Ukraine? Marta Kostyuk as well.
DARIA SNIGUR: I don't like Elina's tennis because Elina I think play maybe slices, maybe volleys. I don't know. I love Dayana's tennis. Push all the balls. It's very good, I think.

About Marta, I don't know. We are friends. Now she don't play tournaments. I don't know.

Q. Why do you think you are an aggressive player that likes to push the ball?
DARIA SNIGUR: I want to push the ball, yes.

Q. Why are you this and not like Svitolina?
DARIA SNIGUR: I don't know. Don't like Elina, that's all.

"I only know tennis and I want to achieve the best in it, like Maria Sharapova. I would like to meet her one day and talk.

I love her tennis, I like the way she plays, I like her character. I would not ask her questions about tennis, I am interested to know how she lives. It interests me the most. Everyone can play tennis, but Sharapova does it differently, and one day, I hope, I can achieve more than she does."

·
Registered
491 Posts
I do not think she is counter puncher, she feels quite comfortable dictating and going for the first strikes. She is also able to be aggressive on both wings and she can hit angles or go for a long lines on both wings. She has explosive movements. I would say currently she is more somewhere between all courter and baseliner.

Of course her game is not yet much refined but base is there and is very strong. She has huge potential.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts