Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Open Gaz de France, 2002

This thread will be updated shortly, but it's main purpose right now is to remind all VWTT players that plan on competing in next week's Open Gaz de France, to please send your team submissions to me by Monday. I sent out an email to you all, but some of you don't always read your emails, and I just want to make sure everyone knows the deadline.

Remember, pick 2 players that are 1-10 seeds, 2 that are 11+ seeds and 1 other player of any seeding as your tiebreaker. Please send team submissions to [email protected].

The official draw and this thread will be updated on Monday evening.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also so you all know, I believe Anna Kournikova is going to have a wildcard for this tournament. So if you want to choose her as one of your 11+ seed players you can. Just in case she doesn't play, though, I suggest you submit a replacement.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Lucic prepares for Paris

Mirjana Lucic prepares for the final time before the tournament in Paris begins. She is shown hitting a backhand to her coach who is working hard with Mirjana. We caught up with Lucic's coach and asked him on her game ."I fell Mirjana can go far with her tennis because she really has the game, she shows me her game and it's wonderful but it's a whole new ball game on the court, the pressure and the crowd and nerves. Mirjana isnt all used to that yet and she is feeling a lot more confident than she was couple months ago. Her serve is definitley a weapon and she has power but she has to learn not to give up because the main reason for her low ranking is her attitude and confidence, she needs to learn from experience so hopefully she'll get a good draw here in Paris" her coach stated. When asked Lucic about tennis" i love it and all of us do and we practice hard. The one tournament I am looking forward to is Wimbledon but besides a major, I can't wait for the Ericsson Open". Lucic spent three hours on court 3 in Paris's fine indoor arena practicing. Lucic hopes to do good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts