Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
<H1 align=center><font color=green>2002 Australian Open</font></h1><Marquee><center><B>VWTT Players: Send in your teams by Sunday, January 13.</B></CENTER></Marquee>

This thread is just a reminder to all VWTT Players to send in your player selections by Sunday, January 13 in order to enter the first grand slam of the year: The Australian Open.

In Case you have forgotten, you will choose 2 of the top 10 seeds, 2 players outside top ten seedings, and one other player of any seed as your tie-breaker player. To see a list of players entered at this year's Aussie Open, click here. Do not choose Lindsay Davenport, however, because she has withdrawn. Send all team selections to [email protected].

For those of you who haven't yet signed-up for the VWTT tour, and would like to chose your player and make your season debut, please click here to see a list of players already taken and the rules of this game. Then post which player you would like to be and send me your selected teams for the Australian Open.

See you all in Melbourne! :wavey:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Jeff, that´s really not fair!

You wrote that we should choose two of the top ten seeds and two players outside top ten seedings even for the Australian Open! That´s what I did.

Martina Navratilova´s team for the Australian Open consists of V.Williams, Clijsters, Coetzer, Tulyaganova and Hingis (TB).

btw: no bad team for the first round

"Thank you very much" for your reproach! :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tennisfreak,

I sent everyone an email on the 11th, telling them that they would have to send in two top 16, and two outside of top 16. Nobody else seemed to have a problem with it. Nobody else had a problem with it. Just most people didn't send in their teams.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Well, I just read the e-mail. I have to say that I didn´t check my
e-mail-account everyday and I haven´t thought this would be necessary on Tuesday. I really don´t understand, why you haven´t written the important news also here at wtaworld. It´s too late now, that´s for sure.

But nevertheless, you should practise striking the right note because you made also mistakes, as you can see above.

It´s really a shame loosing in the first round of a grandslam this way. :(

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tennisfreak,

Yes, I admit I made a mistake. I've told you I was sorry. I've been really busy with tennis practice and school, so I copied the thread I posted from the Australian Open thread and pasted it here. I didn't notice that I had put top 10. I'm really sorry. I didn't post the results until today, which is 6 days after I emailed everyone the notice. Also, I haven't been putting much of my time into this game as I had in the beginning. Only a few people ever seem to be enthused about this game, posting and such, and signing up for the game, so it's hard to stay motivated to doing it, which is why the game will be over after this.

So, again I am sorry. I've tried to think of a way to let you keep playing the Open, but it wouldn't be fair to the others.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I've been really busy with tennis practice and school,
hi jeff, r u in school team? i bet u r good at tennis! i love playing tennis, too. we are in common! want to see you play on the real court, partner! :D i want to know your real tennis level!
and i am busy with my final of history tomorrow. hope we all can handl that! :)

·
Registered
333 Posts
It´s okay, Jeff :wavey:

I will miss the game, if you really stop it.

I know it´s your decision, but perhaps you are going to change your mind?!

:confused:

Cheers :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts