Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VWTT Schedule and Commitment Thread

Hey VWTT Players! Some great news for you all. Due to the continuing rise in players joining the tour, we now have 34 players on the tour...and growing ;) Therefore, I have now decided to add two tournaments per week on the tour.

I had the choice of either continuing to run just one tournament a week and just increasing the draw size from 16 to 32, but for one: not everyone plays from week to week, so there could end up being problems filling the gap in a 32 player draw. Second, I think it'll make the game a lot more realistic and fun for players if I create two tournaments a week. For now, in most cases, it'll eliminate players having to go through qualifying. It'll also allow up-and-coming players to have a better opportunity to do well by starting out playing lower tournaments (more realistic) as well as add more prestiege to the top ranked players, who'll feel more rewarded by playing the higher tournaments.

So, in my next post I will post the current New schedule. All players can commit to any tournament they choose, however, priority will go to the higher ranked players: meaning, lower ranked players can committ to the higher level tournament for the week, but if the top 16 players commit as well, then the lower ranked player will have to play the lower tournament. If not all the top 16 players commit to a tournament, priority will go to the next highest ranked player.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Schedule from Feb 25 through March

Date Tournament Location Type

2-25 State Farm Women's Tennis Classic Scottsdale, AZ Tier II

2-25 Abierto Mexicano Pegaso Acapulco, MEX Tier III

3-4 Indian Wells Indian Wells, CA Tier I

3-18 Ericsson Open Miami, FL Tier I

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Manuela Maleeva-Fragniere commits to the following:

State Farm Women's Tennis Classic Scottsdale, AZ Tier II
Indian Wells Indian Wells, CA Tier I
Ericsson Open Miami, FL Tier I

·
Registered
17,284 Posts
Since I am new and has not got a ranking, Elena Dementieva will commit to Acapulco next week.

The following weeks:
Indian Wells
Miami

Jeff, will you increase the draw size for Indian Wells and Miami since there is only 1 tournament in 1 week, so that everyone can commit. Thz :wavey:

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Lisa Raymond will commit too:

Abierto
Indian Wells
Miami

Thanks Jeff! :)

·
Registered
19,358 Posts
Justine Henin will play:

State Farm
Indian Wells
Miami

Thank you

:) :) :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Kim Clijsters's commitments :

Acapulco

Indian Wells

Miami

·
Registered
333 Posts
Martina Navratilova will play:

Scottsdale
Indian Wells
Miami

Thank you, Jeff :wavey:

·
Team WTAworld, Moderator - Games
33,056 Posts
I guess I'll follow my doubles partner Majoli. :)

Farina's schedule:
Scottsdale
Indian Wells
Miami

Thank you! :wavey:

·
63,814 Posts
Rachel McQuillan commits:

Acapulco
Indian Wells
Key Biscayne

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Kim Clijsters is reaching a double partner for Acapulco, Indian Wells and Miami?

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
Maleeva commits to
Scottsdale
Indian Wells
Miami

dubs wit hingis

1 - 20 of 25 Posts