Tennis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
955 Posts
Lucic prepares for Qualifying

Lucic prepares for a tough qualifying tournament in the Open Gaz De France. Lucic has never been into a main draw of any tournament but she has joined last weel. She got bagled last week to Kournikova at Tokyo and hopes to win the qualifying for her first spot at any tournament. She'll face a very tough and eager Stevenson, and if she gets through, Henin or Venus Williams will stand in her way, so Mirjana has a tough road for a spot. Lucic stated she feels very very confident and hopes to win. Lucic has been practicing with her coach a lot lately and hopes to win and get into the draw." Getting into the main draw is my goal right now because i am low ranked and never played a main draw. So hopefully my very hard work will play off and I wanna show the world I can play tennis, hopefully I can beat Alexandra". When asked about if she wins and moves into the final qualifying, we asked her who she thought would win. : I think Henin can".Lucic hopes to do well in Paris. Lucic is playing doubles with partner Anna Kournikova for the second time. Mirjana admitted she liked Kournikova and she has a good friendship with her . " We're both young girls and really understand because we are so a like. Good luck to Lucic.

· Registered
955 Posts
LUCIC OUT AND UPSET

Mirjana Lucic of Croatia lost in the qualifying first round to Alexandra Stevenson. When we saw Mirjana after she looked devastated and upset. " I don't know maybe the pro's isn't here yet you know I don't know if I am good enough to stay on the VWTT. I lost in both qualifying rounds all tournaments I played and i haven't even won a game on the tour. Right now I'm surprised i won couple points but it's hard I don't know what to do because I practice very hard and what happens, nothing ,maybe a new coach but i can't lose the time, right now I'm upset and need some time off. We asked if she would play Doha, Dubai, Or Memphis. " Right now the only thing on my mind is winning one game and practcing, I have so little confidence right now that your luck to see me play in four months i doubt i'll play the ericsson, indian wells, or doha i need time the level is to high, who knows. Obviously I cant make it through the qualifying.". We asked how will the loss affect her." It really tore me up and brought my confidence way down, I am scared to walk on the court. I was commited to Doha, and Memphis, and Scottsdale, but i think I had a change of plans". Well there, Lucic terribly upset and it's sad to see her with that attitude. Lucic stated her schedule winn be switched and she might not play for a while. She said she's definitltly playing Wimbledon and doesnt know what in the mean time.

http://www.********************/lucic/ml18.jpg
Lucic returns a forehand to Stevenson in her 6/0 6/0 loss which really took it to Lucic after the match.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.