Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After looking at various options. I've decided that the only thing to do would be to vote via: Private message.

The reason is I can't do a poll on this board and have the results hidden.

What do you guys think about this?

This way I suppose a poster can only vote once, but I was wondering if you want the voting to be open only to non-housemates or all board members.

Even if the housemates can vote, they can only vote once, so I suppose it's ok, but I wanted to ask you guys first.

Let me know. I wish the board still had that results hidden function, that would've been so good. :(

·
Registered
11,719 Posts
hm

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
no, we mean housemates voted to evict...thats what i meant

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
16,136 Posts
HM ONLY know one else should vote there not in the house! we play the game not them if they want to vote they should join

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Sam, while I understand that you are really big on getting the "viewers" (in this case, everyone else on the board) to vote like the Australian Big Brother works, it's just not plausible.

People watch Big Brother because they want to. You wouldn't have random people voting just because they felt like it - and even if you did, the amount would be so small that it would be cancelled out by the number of votes from real viewers. The ratio on the board of participants to non-participants in much different given the population.

And to be honest, if the board members aren't playing, then I don't see them being that interested in finding out about the challenges to give them sufficient information to send in a legitimate vote.

I agree with everyone else and I will vote for the housemates only.

Sorry :(

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Housemates only.

Also, perhaps you should do it like Big Brother in United States. Have players compete in head-of-household competitions, with the winner becoming head-of-household for the week and nominating two house guests.

Once the two house guests are nominated, the house guests that aren't nominated, excluding the head-of-household, vote for who they think should be evicted.

I just don't think having the entire board voting is fair, because unlike viewers of Big Brother in Australia that vote, non-players of this board could probably care less about the game and their votes would be meaningless. It is also likely that their vote would have nothing to do with the game, and everything to do with how much they like the particular tennis player, which would make it very unlikely that anyone playing with an unknown player or unpopular player would have any chance of winning.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
A few people also suggested that in the other thread about the HOH.

I think we should let Sam decide how he wants to do it, and then put in our input.

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Yeah of course, just giving him a suggestion, since he probably hasn't seen U.S. Big Brother...

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
Yeah, I watched US Big Brother here and I didn't really enjoy it. I think it's gives too much power to too little of the population.

I enjoyed the Spanish version much more, but then again, I may have been focusing more on trying to understand the people than what was actually going on ;)

·
Chionophile
40,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok I'll delay the game further. I'M SORRY IT'S TAKING SO LONG. But I'll consider the US idea. This means I need to get familiar with it. OK?

Does anyone feel that I'm taking too long getting started?

I promise I will get started by Sunday 17th August. That night will be when all the housemates will go in.

Also I was thinking about tasks, and the only thing I can think of is to have debates on tennis topics. :( Not very exciting. Any ideas?

This is also why I need to postpone it.

Ok so we're playing the US version. Anyone not happy with this? Voice it here. :)

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
You could have competitions that are based on outside challenges.

If you have a second, you could look through WTA Survivor and see what kind of stuff they do.

Also, POM used to have a lot of different things - the only difference there is that it had a judging element as well so there wasn't just a clear cut winner.

You could also have games/tournaments to determine the winner. And not games like tennis related ones (because TTT would be really unfair), but instead, games like checkers or chess or card games - I know that MSN whatever version I have has this program set up where you can play checkers with a friend from your buddy list.

If I think of more, I'll let you know :)

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Thanks for switching your opinion Sam, take as long as you need to to get used to the US version. :)

Mikey had some very good competition ideas. Going on Yahoo to have crib or blackjack games etc. would be really good, you could make a "tournament" bracket with the housemates to compete in. The tennis debate is a good idea as well, you post a topic and everyone should have a "max" amount of posts maybe to try and get their point across. You could also have a "scavenger hunt" persay, where the guests need to find certain pictures or information on the computer and PM it to you, whoever has the most (or sends it in fastest) would win.

I'm sure that everyone is willing to give ideas for tasks or competitions, we all realyl want this game to go on. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts