Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Vlada nicely exposed that. :D
Still waiting her next tournament!
it was nice to see that she didn't let herself distract or impress by her opponent's good ranking or seeding, and just kept to getting her business done. :yeah:
Well, read what her coach told her "Vlad, the main thing is don't stress yourself, it's okay, the main thing is stability, don't pay anyone attention, play tennis".
(won more tournaments but Taisya was playing much stronger tournaments) but the way she's stepped up is impressive and she's now definitely ahead of Taisya in terms of results. :yeah:
What stronger tournaments was Taisya playing?
I have unorthodox opinion Vlada is way much stronger than Taisya.;)
Just thought about this: it's weird that Vlada didn't play the U14 European Junior Championships a month ago, because I'm pretty sure that she already was up to Russian #2 ranking and she logically could have played (would have had a spot in MD). :confused:
Oh well, we'll probably see her take part to the U16 Championships next year. ;)
Vlada would have more chances to win the final match against Iga Swiatek than Taisya.:devil:

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Still waiting her next tournament!
I'm looking forward to her next tournaments as well, but she's earned herself a little rest :angel: :p

Well, read what her coach told her "Vlad, the main thing is don't stress yourself, it's okay, the main thing is stability, don't pay anyone attention, play tennis".
That's the exact spirit! :yeah:

What stronger tournaments was Taisya playing?
I have unorthodox opinion Vlada is way much stronger than Taisya.;)
Taisya played the strongest Category 1 Under 14 tournaments in the first part of the year (Les Petits As, Kungens Kanna & Drottningens Pris, TIM Essonne, Bohemia Cafex Cup - she won the later 3 tournaments), while Vlada at the same moment played Category 2 Under 14 events (Smena Cup, Togliatti Cup, Minsk Star, Belkanton Cup) - until she started playing Under 18 tournaments in May. Of these tournaments, she also won 3 (+ made a final in the 4th one), but they were weaker tournaments. A bit as if Taisya was playing and winning Premiers, while Vlada played and won Internationals. ;)
But I think it was a great strategy for Vlada, all these trophies definitely gave her all the confidence she didn't have before that - because her previous year was not so great -, after that, with her new confidence, she eventually started to play her real game, kept winning and winning even though she was playing tougher and tougher tournaments. :D And yes, Vlada is ahead of Taisya now, and I agree with you on the fact that she's stronger and would have probably had a chance of beating Swiatek. :)

Btw, you didn't answer my questions on the interview you mentioned (where did you find it? which is the part of Vlada's answer you have trouble understanding?) :p

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Vlada beats almost all her opponents in straight sets! That's not the case with Taisya! ;)
But it's easier to win in straights when you face weaker opponents. :p And depending on how you look at such facts, it can also mean Taisya is good at 3-setters, long tiring matches ;)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Vlada will do against stronger opposition - either in higher level G18s or in the strongest G14s. And I'm pretty sure she'll do well^

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Caty McNally is a weak opponent :confused:
But that was in the summer team event, which doesn't count for the rankings and in a player's singles career.

I was talking about the weak tournaments she played in Kyrgyzstan and Moldova were she pretty much was the only relevant youngster in the draw. ;)

Of course the win over Caty was great and the scoreline impressive, but it was a single match, it could have been Caty having a bad day and Vlada having the day of her life. :p What I meant is that I'm looking forward to seeing if she can confirm this kind of results, and on a regular basis. ;) And I think she will, because she's been accumulating so much confidence with all these matches won and she now really seems to be believing in her game and motivated to get to higher skies. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
But that was in the summer team event, which doesn't count for the rankings and in a player's singles career.

I was talking about the weak tournaments she played in Kyrgyzstan and Moldova were she pretty much was the only relevant youngster in the draw. ;)
First of all, I'm speaking of her performance in general! Second, you didn't mention that early this year both Vlada and Taisya played Properties Christmas Cup and Governor Cup Of Belgorod where Vlada had better performance and won the later one! :)

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Second, you didn't mention that early this year both Vlada and Taisya played Properties Christmas Cup and Governor Cup Of Belgorod where Vlada had better performance and won the later one! :)
Yes, but these 2 cases were the only times where Vlada did better than Taisya, in a sea of stronger tournaments that Taisya played and won. :shrug:

I don't know what you're trying to argue about though, since I've said that I was agreeing with you on the fact that Vlada had passed Taisya now, and that she had better potential imo. I'm just saying that I'm looking to see over it goes for her when she steps up to even bigger tournaments again, even though I'm confident she'll do well. ;)

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
:lol:

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Vlada Aleksandrovna has passed Anastasiya Sergeevna :eek:h: :cheer:

·
Registered
103 Posts
This's Potapovushina post on Russian juniors thread!

Vlada Koval, a 2001 girl who still was playing for Ukraine a couple months ago and is training at the same academy as Potapova (Aleksey Ostrovskiy Academy in Khimki in Moscow surburbs, were a few pro players like Dushevina also often practise), is through to her very first G18 final at G5 Head Cup in Moldova this week, as a qualifier :D

She will face 2000 girl Victoria Dema who's also having a brilliant year and currently is on a 9-match winning streak :)
But Vlada's been having an excellent week too so it should be a disputed final :eek:h: I'd say Dema is the favourite for this one but who knows...

Best of luck to Vlada! :rocker2: :cheer:
Vlada was playing for Ukraine and training at Aleksey Ostrovskiy Academy? Where did you get all this information from?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well, she was listed as Ukrainian at the beginning of the year (Bryansk is close to the Ukrainian border, may account for that :scratch:) and I don't remember why I said she was training at the Khimki Academy, but it probably was because she was featured on the academy's social networks at that moment and they only post about players who practise at theirs. It seems weird now though, because she seems to be still based in Bryansk, but maybe she splits her time between Bryansk and Moscow? :scratch:
Well, Vlada mentioned that she got an offer to play for Belarus. But she refused. Explaining that she has no other country and would not change Russia.

·
Registered
103 Posts
In October, Vlada will play Tennis Europe Junior Masters in Italy; though the final list of qualified players due to take part will be confirmed on 29 September.

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hopefully one day Vlada beats Potapova :devil:
:ras:

Well, Vlada mentioned that she got an offer to play for Belarus. But she refused. Explaining that she has no other country and would not change Russia.
Awww, I wouldn't have been against her playing for Belarus...
:awww: :hearts:

"[American] coach thought that Caty [can] easily beat an unknown Russian tennis player."
Vlada Koval
Caty's coach :bigwave:

·
пьяная в
64,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
In October, Vlada will play Tennis Europe Junior Masters in Italy; though the final list of qualified players due to take part will be confirmed on 29 September.
That's an interesting tournament featuring the 8 best European players in U14 and U16 cats - provided the top players don't snub it and don't withdraw, which is not always guaranteed. Hopefully no big name withdraws and it'll be very interesting :D

21 - 40 of 418 Posts