Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
-
26,864 Posts
Serbia :bowdown: Great job by; Jelena and Ana :)

·
Team WTAworld, Lounge Owner
44,144 Posts
Congrats :worship:

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
What a joy.:wavey::D
Fantastic day for me and all my serbian friends.:worship::bounce::worship::bounce:

GO JJ:bounce:

·
Registered
334 Posts
First Eurovision, now this! Only joking!

It's fantastic isn't it compared to the UK!

There was a recent press article saying how Ivanovic used to have to practice in a dis-used swimming pool, and that she and the other Serbian players had no support. Jankovic was considering quitting, and Ivanovic and Djokovich were thinking of coming to Britain. Good for them that they have stayed true to their home country despite the poor support. British players get far more financial support and still can't deliver.

It really is a testament to the talent of the Serbian players.

In a recent interview both Jelena and Ana said some nice things about remaining cheerful and putting tennis in perspective. Both great ambassadors for the game. Love them both.

·
Premium Member
40,059 Posts
WHAT a year for Serbian tennis :yeah: So now how many nations have had 2 players in a GS semi?

USA: Serena and Venus (1999 US Open, 2000 Wimbledon, 2001 US Open, 2002 French Open - US Open, 2003 Australian Open, Wimbledon)
Belgium: Justine and Kim (2003 All 4 majors, 2004 Australian Open)
Serbia: Ana and Jelena (2007 French Open)

:eek: congrats!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Fantastic! We surely couldn't have expected to be in this position 2 years ago.
Good luck to both Ana and Jeca in their semis :)

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
If I'm correct, Jelena moves to (at least) a career high ranking #3. Ana can move to #6 if Serena loses.

·
Winner
14,940 Posts
WHAT a year for Serbian tennis :yeah: So now how many nations have had 2 players in a GS semi?

USA: Serena and Venus (1999 US Open, 2000 Wimbledon, 2001 US Open, 2002 French Open - US Open, 2003 Australian Open, Wimbledon)
Belgium: Justine and Kim (2003 All 4 majors, 2004 Australian Open)
Serbia: Ana and Jelena (2007 French Open)

:eek: congrats!
There have been more, haven't there? Spain must have with Sanchez-Vicario and Martinez, Germany with Graf and Huber, USA with all their greats from the past?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yabba...Dabba...Dooooooooooooooo...............:worship: :worship: :bounce: :bounce:
yes, yes...yes...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Vamos girls ....don't stop now!!!...Let's make history!!!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
838 Posts
The biggest tournament in Serbia is 10K futures... :fiery:

Ana and Jelena in SF :worship: , Djokovic in QF :worship: , Zimonjic with Santoro in QF :worship: , Zimonjic with Srebotnik in SF :worship: .

I can`t beleive... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
GO SERBIA!
well done girls what a year for serbia it's great :)
Serbian final ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts