Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 473 Posts

·
Registered
20,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Sega reveals Virtua Tennis 2009

Sega has revealed the next instalment of it's much-loved tennis sim, Virtua Tennis 2009, will be out in May.

Here's the blurb:

Sega Europe Ltd. and Sega of America, Inc. today announced they will be publishing Virtua Tennis 2009. Virtua Tennis 2009 will smash into action on Sony PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and downloadable for PC fans in May 2009.

Virtua Tennis 2009 will again allow you to take on the world's top tennis players in some of the most realistic courts to be found on gaming consoles. Take on the likes of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer or play as Maria Sharapova against Venus Williams to recreate some classic court battles. Joining this impressive roster of tennis stars are several new players for 2009, including men's World No.4 Andy Murray and ladies French Open champion Ana Ivanovic. In addition to the traditional singles, doubles and mixed doubles matches, Virtua Tennis 2009 will also have the official Davis Cup license, giving players the coveted opportunity to lead their country to glory!

Virtua Tennis 2009 has extensive additions and detailed improvements to the classic arcade-style match engine like no other tennis game available. Player stumbling adds a new dimension to matches, while improved volleying, serving and net play allow you to express yourself on court like never before. In addition, the popular World Tour Mode has been given innovative new features offering a fully integrated online system, and new online ranking system available for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Along with numerous other additions the Player Creation System in World Tour Mode has also been expanded, and a new look Tennis Store containing over 800 items will enable players to create their own unique Virtua Tennis Champion!
"The return of Virtua Tennis promises to be a real treat for both fans of the series and sports game fans everywhere" commented Gary Knight, European Marketing Director for Sega Europe. "The tennis season is shaping up to be the most exciting in years, and with new players, courts, an Online Tour and extensive on-court updates - Virtua Tennis 2009 is sure to maintain its spot as the standard by which all tennis games are judged."

Finally, no Virtua Tennis game would be complete without the ever popular Court Games and Virtua Tennis 2009 doesn't disappoint! Fan favorites will be returning alongside each other in completely new minigames, ensuring the tradition is carried on into this new iteration of the series. But look out for crocodiles, fruit and pirates in Virtua Tennis 2009's collection of unique Court Games, available to play as single player, multiplayer and online, and sure to have players coming back for more!

No screens yet, but we've got both pack shots, if you like.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=207594

SEGA announces Virtua Tennis 2009

SEGA has confirmed another instalment in the Virtua Tennis series is coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Virtua Tennis 2009 will feature real-life ballsmashers like Rafael Nadal, Maria Sharapova, Venus Williams and Roger Federererer. New players for this year include Andy "Come on Tim" Murray and ladies French Open champion Ana Ivanovic.

Volleying, serving and net play have been improved, and there's now "player stumbling" to "add a new dimension to matches". Along with traditional singles, doubles and mixed doubles matches, the game will feature the official Davis Cup.

The World Tour Mode has been spruced up, and now includes a fully integrated online ranking system. There are more Player Creation options than ever and a new-look Tennis Store with more than 800 items to choose from.

There will be brand new Court Games to play, and we're told to "look out for crocodiles, fruit and pirates". Wise advice generally, of course.

Virtua Tennis 2009 is out this May, according to the press release. Which was written by someone who should be given a payrise for managing not to use any phrases like "smash hit" or "new balls please" in the entire thing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/sega-announces-virtua-tennis-2009

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: SEGA announces Virtua Tennis 2009

i have virtua tennis 3 n it was quite gud
gonna buy this one too

·
Registered
12,969 Posts

Virtua Tennis has been BAD, i was sooo disappointed with VT3 :eek: Top Spin 3 rocks my sox :rocker2: it's just the most realistic of them all :worship:

can't wait for top spin4 :hearts:

·
Registered
29,563 Posts

OMG :woohoo:

·
21,943 Posts

Venus, but no Serena? :eek:

·
Registered
15,781 Posts

:woohoo: :yippee:

Hopefuly will be better that VT3 :D :bounce:

·
Isha > Your fave
26,632 Posts

Player stumbling adds a new dimension to matches
read- "in case you werent annoyed enough, here's one more"

There will be brand new Court Games to play, and we're told to "look out for crocodiles, fruit and pirates".
Wise advice generally, of course. :rolleyes:

·
和平.
16,963 Posts

Venus, but no Serena? :eek:
yeah, VT has always Venus.

VT3 is boring because the computer are really mechanical.
You always know how the rally will end up.

·
Premium Member
27,419 Posts

VT 3 is the best game for me, I can play all day...
Now VT4???? Great, awesome news, I´m so happy...
But slamless Murray on the cover???? give me a break

·
Registered
12,969 Posts

yeah, VT has always Venus.

VT3 is boring because the computer are really mechanical.
You always know how the rally will end up.
exactly. that's why i love top spin 3, i mean its mechanical but the computer makes u think and its just not a press this button type of tennis game.

·
Registered
121 Posts

What? no Federer on the cover??? :eek::eek::eek:

anyways...YAYYYYY! I love VT! can't wait till it's released! :bounce::bounce:

·
Registered
29,563 Posts

I finally got a good rank online in VT3 and now I have to start over :tears:

·
和平.
16,963 Posts

exactly. that's why i love top spin 3, i mean its mechanical but the computer makes u think and its just not a press this button type of tennis game.
they should use these two games flaws and good things to release the ultimate tennis game.

BE a tennis player. :bounce:

·
Registered
37,975 Posts

Why the heck is Murray on the cover instead of Roger? :(

Ugh...no WII version.

1 - 20 of 473 Posts