Tennis Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
85,252 Posts
Doll I haven't been posting in GM for a VERY LONG time now. Threads like these being bumped out is a start for a new round of Serena-dragging ritual, that's why I don't post in GM much anymore.

In 2 posts that you replied to me, first you called me a poster with "wilful ignorance" and then you said I'm a "less-quality fan" of Serena. While I had no intention in calling out anyone for a personal attack, you did that twice when you could've easily explained to me and convinced me on your idea instead.

English might not be my first language and I might've not read the post well enough and jumped into conclusion, but sure, be as it may, I'm a lesser fan of Serena. I admit your assumption on that. Have fun in appreciating her greatness the way you deem appropriate.

That are some of the so called " Serena Fans"..they blame everyone who is not 100% with the same opinion ..called " fake fan" or " lesser quality fan" or or or..

·
Registered
931 Posts
For some posters the only way to respect Serena is to lose to her.

Well, I know the scams of these posters well enough.

·
Registered
6,967 Posts
Doll I haven't been posting in GM for a VERY LONG time now. Threads like these being bumped out is a start for a new round of Serena-dragging ritual, that's why I don't post in GM much anymore.

In 2 posts that you replied to me, first you called me a poster with "wilful ignorance" and then you said I'm a "less-quality fan" of Serena. While I had no intention in calling out anyone for a personal attack, you did that twice when you could've easily explained to me and convinced me on your idea instead.

English might not be my first language and I might've not read the post well enough and jumped into conclusion, but sure, be as it may, I'm a lesser fan of Serena. I admit your assumption on that. Have fun in appreciating her greatness the way you deem appropriate.
I bumped the thread because I didn't want to open a new one, and the result thread for this particular match was closed. The aim was to share the full video of the match which RG shared on their YT channel a few days ago. I have done this to other matches as well, irrespective of the player.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
She's the one who is still bitter because she just can't stop talking about it. Maybe it's because that win is the only thing matters in her sad tennis life.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
She's the one who is still bitter because she just can't stop talking about it. Maybe it's because that win is the only thing matters in her sad tennis life.
....it's an article from the US Open 2012, when Serena went on a tear winning everything after her loss to Razzano. It gives us insight into Serena's champion mentality to never forget a loss.

Something Serena herself corroborates:

But Razzano has no doubt that Williams has used her collapse in Paris for fuel.

Williams does not contest that interpretation.

"....as much as I hate to lose, sometimes it’s good for my game and my motivation, so I think for sure that loss helped me. But I also think it hurt me a lot more than normal.

“I was very disappointed for weeks and weeks, even in Wimbledon. My game in the beginning was not good because I was so affected by that loss. But I’m not upset anymore because I think so many good things have come out of that loss.”

What a shame her fans don't respect her for her champions mentality, something her opponents and she herself agree on.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
....it's an article from the US Open 2012, when Serena went on a tear winning everything after her loss to Razzano. It gives us insight into Serena's champion mentality to never forget a loss.

What a shame her fans don't respect her for her champions mentality, something her opponents and she herself agree on.
you keep spinning it

·
Registered
931 Posts
I do not think it is Serena who is still bitter about this loss.

·
Registered
85,252 Posts

🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
you keep spinning it
And you keep deliberately mis-reading full interviews in which your favorite explicitly says "that loss affected me more than others".

How tough it must be to always think the word of players who aren't your favorite. i can't even imagine what a bitter existence that must be, especially when your favorite is no longer especially relevant in the week-to-week tour.

All my sympathy and respect to Serena fans who feel so aggrieved about a loss from 8 years ago that they have to attack the word choice of a non-native English speaker talking about her subjective take on Serena's reaction to her loss to said non-native English speaker months after the fact, a reaction Serena herself corroborates. I hope you, too, someday find things to fill your life with joy in the way Serena, the GOAT, has since that loss. In the meantime, may you get past this loss and may you find joy in other things.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
That are some of the so called " Serena Fans"..they blame everyone who is not 100% with the same opinion ..called " fake fan" or " lesser quality fan" or or or..
Yeah, it's tough to see so many "fans" of Serena on this forum who blatantly disrespect her own take on the loss to Razzano, which Serena herself described as one that "hurt me a lot more than normal."

It must be a serious pain to see your favorite's own take on a tough loss so consistently discredited and disregarded, by people purporting to be her fans. I know that when my favorite is implied to be a liar, I lash out. I can only imagine how you feel when self-professed "fans" of your favorite go online and call your favorite a liar over and over again.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Doll I haven't been posting in GM for a VERY LONG time now
[....]
that's why I don't post in GM much anymore.
One of these things is not like the other. Methinks you are a 2nd screen name, and not someone who lost their original screen name in the transition, because why else would you suddenly be interested in a player respecting Serena's champion's mentality being resurrected on this board 8 years after the fact?

And I'm correct. You are willfully ignorant if you think the resurfacing of Serena's lone R128 loss, on the anniversary of said lone R128 loss, is, and I quote you now, "[p]eople still trying to come for Serena after all these years..."

And yes, you are a less-quality fan if you don't see the praise in Razzano's statement. Someone, in her 2nd (or 3rd!) language is saying (paraphrasing) "I could not win over her now, she wants to beat me, and every time she sees me she is reminded of her last loss". So many posters on this thread are latching onto the misleading title, which could just as easily be renamed:

"Serena: my loss to Razzano "hurt me a lot more than normal."

I will! I wish you, and your ilk, could.

It's a great era to be a fan of Serena Williams. To look back at the inflection points of her career, the moments she will never forget, realizing that she can be the GOAT but has to put in the effort, will be my favorite part of her career retrospective: following Capriati from tournament to tournament in 2002 to reverse that H2H, refusing to lose to Sharapova after she gloated in Serena's injured 2004 YEC match, and tightening her focus after losing to Razzano (Razzano!!!) in 2012 are the moments I became convinced of Serena's greatness.

What a pity some of her 'fans' don't see her as greatly as I do.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
To be honest, im still a little bitter too.
You're not alone! A lot of posters on this thread seem to think Razzano is reveling in that lone win, when she had similarly great upsets elsewhere in her career. What a shame Serena's fans haven't used the loss to re-assess and move beyond the realm of week-to-week wins into all-time greatness territory, the way Serena has.

141 - 156 of 156 Posts