Tennis Forum banner

741 - 760 of 760 Posts

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
"Maria Kirilenko - Run Rena Run (2013, AOpen, Madrid, Beijing, vs Sererna Williams)": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POttuKx6UP0

This is a kind of highlights video compilation. It is combined from those rallies between Kiri and Rena (from 2013), in which Rena had to run a lot, or Kiri finished the rally with a volley. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Heh, enjoyable video, thx for uploading. Serena's least favorite thing is to move around and not being able to set up for the shot. This is known for a while now but very few players have managed to do it. I believe the reason is that when you give an inch to her it is hard to get back into the point unless you posses the athleticism of Dementieva who was the one more effective vs rena as long as rallies are concerned. I am actually quite surprised that Kiri has not found the formula to trouble and beat Serena because i believe that she can hurt her and keep her on the run, so i guess belief is just not there, hope she has one more chance in china in a few days to give it a go.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
Heh, enjoyable video, thx for uploading. Serena's least favorite thing is to move around and not being able to set up for the shot. This is known for a while now but very few players have managed to do it. I believe the reason is that when you give an inch to her it is hard to get back into the point unless you posses the athleticism of Dementieva who was the one more effective vs rena as long as rallies are concerned. I am actually quite surprised that Kiri has not found the formula to trouble and beat Serena because i believe that she can hurt her and keep her on the run, so i guess belief is just not there, hope she has one more chance in china in a few days to give it a go.
Actually, last year in the Beijing Open Kiri was very close to beat Serena. She made the more spectacular things, played smartly and sharply, and moved Serena quite a lot. She captured the break advantage in both sets. However, unfortunately, in the leading position she became too nervous or something, and made so many UEs, that Serena could come back.
I think Kiri can play relatively better now (because in the last year's Beijing Open her movement was already impaired), while Serena is hardly better than was in 2013. So, Kiri might have a real chance, provided she plays sharp, offensive, moves Serena a lot, and risks volleys whenever is possible :).

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
haha Floplenko fans imagining how to beat a 19 time slam champion, where is that flop girl anyway? getting married?
now Serena fans are entering other players' forums to praise her and make fun of athletes that have achieved less, pathetic as always.

And yes Maria got married and will have baby, when is Serena's wedding i wonder:confused:

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
haha Floplenko fans imagining how to beat a 19 time slam champion, where is that flop girl anyway? getting married?
:facepalm:
You're ridiculous :cuckoo:

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

·
Registered
55,523 Posts
US Open 2003

R3 vs Mauresmo

:hearts:

·