Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of Venus and Serena's sisters, Yetunde, has been shot to death in Compton, California. Yetunde, who apparently resided in Corona, California, was killed early this morning by someone unknown and a barricade, stand off situation is currently going on in Compton as I write this. Yetunde died of gunshot wounds at a hospital.

Not many other details at this point in time.

I am very sorry to report this tragedy and my condolences to the entire Williams family and their fans.

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
Oldest Williams sister fatally shot in L.A. suburb
Posted: Sunday September 14, 2003 2:09PM; Updated: Sunday September 14, 2003 2:09PM

LOS ANGELES (CNN) -- Yetunde Price, the oldest sister and personal assistant of tennis stars Venus and Serena Williams, was fatally shot early Sunday, according to Raymone Baine, publicist for Serena Williams.

Price and Serena Williams were recently profiled in People Magazine, which is owned by CNN's parent company, AOL Time Warner. "This is extremely devastating news," Bain said. "They are a very close-knit family."

Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Richard Pena said the shooting took place just outside the Los Angeles suburb of Compton, where the Williams sisters grew up, shortly after midnight.

Pena said the Special Weapons Team has surrounded the location where suspects have barracaded themselves. The shooting happened in the 1100 block of Greenleaf Boulevard in Compton, he said.

Venus and Serena Williams are the youngest of five daughters of Richard and Oracene Williams.

© CNN

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2003/tennis/09/14/williams.obit/index.html

damn... rip

·
Banned
973 Posts
At first I panicked thinking it was Venus and Serena that were shot, I sware my heart almost stopped.
I saw after re-reading that it was their elder sister, which isn't a better news.
I present all my comiserations to the wilams family.
Peace.
Sofiane.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.