Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monica Seles compared walking out on court at the ASB Tennis Centre with some of her Grand Slam victories at Roland Garros, Flushing Meadows and the Australian Open.

The former world number one lost 6-4 6-4 in an exhibition game against fellow tennis legend Martina Navratilova.

Seles, 31, has been off the WTA circuit since the French Open in 2003 because of a string of foot injuries but she showed glimpses of the player who has nine Grand Slam titles under her belt in front of a sold-out audience in Auckland.

She admitted she was "amazed" by the crowd reaction.

"I have walked on the main stages of centre courts at Wimbledon and at Roland Garros, but I got goose bumps here. There was so much electricity out there and it's the sort of environment which tennis players like to play in," said Seles.

"It felt good that I was nervous out there. It's a good sign that I am still excited about playing."

Navratilova never looked under threat during the game and she put it down to her greater match practice, with a recent semifinal appearance at the Australian Open mixed doubles.

But Seles admitted she was feeling a little ring rusty.

"It is hard to play a match when you have been out for such a long time. I played solid tennis and my body held out, which I am happy about.

"My foot held up really well. I felt really good moving about and running for the ball. I don't foresee any problems."

Seles certainly did not rule out a return to Auckland for next year's ASB Classic.

"I would love to. If I am healthy and am playing at a level where I can compete with some of the girls, then definitely I will be back."

Seles will face Navratilova in Christchurch for the final exhibition game before going on holiday in New Zealand with her mother.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

That is very encouraging, in a year she'll definitely be able to compete well.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
SelesFan70 said:
Bump (for the 2 or 3 Seles fan on this board... :lol: Please reference certain posts by a certain German poster)

Wow, a whole thread containing posts by only ONE poster ...
(Well, now I'm the 2nd!)

BTW, Seles's situation is sad. She has missed the point of a honourable return. Like a boxer who has had one fight too much. "A Bridge Too Far", as the title of a famous book says ...
:sad:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Calimero377 said:
Wow, a whole thread containing posts by only ONE poster ...
(Well, now I'm the 2nd!)

BTW, Seles's situation is sad. She has missed the point of a honourable return. Like a boxer who has had one fight too much. "A Bridge Too Far", as the title of a famous book says ...
:sad:
GO AWAY GUNTHER PARCHE!

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
R&J said:
GO AWAY GUNTHER PARCHE!

Gotta go and check the libel laws in the U.S. ...

BTW, you are so obsessed with your fave that you even createa a website for Seles! :eek:
OMG ....

Get a life!

:wavey:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Calimero377 said:
BTW, you are so obsessed with your fave that you even createa a website for Seles! :eek:
OMG ....

Yes - Are you already running out of hate remarks?

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
R&J said:
Yes - Are you already running out of hate remarks?

"Hate remarks" - that's not the style of Graf fans.

Just have a look into Selesian forums and compare them to Graf forums (No, I don't organize one ... ). Then you know where the "hate", the jealousy, the envy is. Reminds me of the Dems after they lost to Dubya again .... :lol:

BTW, when you establish a whole website for your fave, then you know that you are really in trouble. Mentally challenged so to say ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
24,533 Posts
Calimero377 said:
Gotta go and check the libel laws in the U.S. ...

OMG ....

Get a life!

a whole hell of a lot more positive and productive than trolling around a tennis board just to say aweful things about ONE player.
get over it.
get a life.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
a whole hell of a lot more positive and productive than trolling around a tennis board just to say aweful things about ONE player.
get over it.
get a life.

What "awful things" did I say about a player?
:confused:

And ONLY make a little bit fun of certain players when their fans go overboard and diss Graf.

OK, you can call this "massive retaliation" sometimes. Do you prefer the "flexible response" concept? Well, I'm a Dubya, Tony & Condi fan ...

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Calimero377 said:
What "awful things" did I say about a player?
:confused:

And ONLY make a little bit fun of certain players when their fans go overboard and diss Graf.

OK, you can call this "massive retaliation" sometimes. Do you prefer the "flexible response" concept? Well, I'm a Dubya, Tony & Condi fan ...
If you honestly believe this, you are the "mentally challenged" one.

·
Banned
7,293 Posts
thelittlestelf said:
If you honestly believe this, you are the "mentally challenged" one.

But definitely not by you ...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.