Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like there will be no play today and tomorrow and it might not start until wednesday evening :sad:

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
OMG, and people talk about Wimbledon, but we didnt have a washout this year :bounce:

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Even the heavens weep bitter tears at the absence of the two cynosures of women's tennis. :sad: :D :angel:

·
Registered
32,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
which means the men will have basically 4 days for 4 matches and the women will have 4 days for 3 matches

+ doubles

+ most juniors will still be in the first round on thursday meaning they might have to play 6 matches in 4 days

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
:bounce:

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
croat123 said:
It looks like there will be no play today and tomorrow and it might not start until wednesday evening :sad:
I posted on another thread that there probably be no play today and tomorrow morning/early afternoon, but it is supposed to clear up by Tuesday evening, unless we get hit (a little) by Hurricane Fabian. I forgot to factor in that possiblilty.

·
Banned
177 Posts
CC said:
Very bad news indeed: looks like I won't be going to the West Indian Day parade afterall.
I just spoke to my sister and she said she is about to go back on Easternpark way to attend the parade.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Would they really try to cram all those matches in? Assume the rains don't stop. Say they have to do the 4R, QFs, SFs and Fs in... 3 days... Then what would happen?

Reactions: Cookie

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,202 Posts
My advice to all who have tickets for today - no matter what - KEEP YOU TICKETS, DO NOT THROW THEM AWAY. Even if they manage to put some match in and declare the daily session completed, they are likely to offer you something for next year - like they did it this year.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
considering all the shitty weather weve had all summer, the uso has been lucky to get through even the first couple days w/o rain.

our whole summer was basically rain

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Could do! :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts