Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I've loved & had 15 yo Nika (born Aug 3, 2001) from Volgograd in my sig for a while now (she's ubercute and kinda is Queendrance's BFF, as they have both trained at the Ostrovskky Academy in Khimki for a few years now) but I resisted the temptation to create a thread for her because her results weren't exactly stellar... until now! :devil: Nika has won her very first G18 singles title this week, so I'm guess I know have a valid excuse for creating her thread eventually! :lol: ;) :awww:

Indeed, Nika's won G4 Qatar ITF Junior Open: she beat Carol Plakk 7-5 7-6(8) in R1 ( @chingching :sobbing: :hug:), top seed Vaidehi Chaudhari (17 yo, #200) 7-5 4-6 6-3 in R2, Karolina Jaskiewicz 1 & 4 in QF, 3rd seed Maria Manilova (16 yo, #269) 4-6 6-2 6-2 in SF, and 4th seed Danai Petroula (16 yo, #213) 7-5 6-0 in the final yesterday! :worship: :inlove: :bigclap:

This is a huge week for her, until fairly recently I have to admit her results were pretty mediocre and it looked like she didn't really have much of a tennis future even at junior level. Petroula won the previous G4 in Qatar last week, without dropping a set... and Nika lost in R1 to... her. :sobbing: 4-6 5-7, and Petroula was seeded 3 that week. So beating her in her biggest final ever with a 2nd set bagel is YUGE! :drool: :hearts:

Nika's second best result this year was a QF appearance at G3 Almetievsk Cup in February (she routined 18 yo Rosanna Maffei 4 & 1 in R1 - which was a great win - and beat 16 yo & Top 200 4th seed Ekaterina Shalimova 7-6(4) 7-5 in R2 - another great scalp! -, before getting routined by 16 yo qualifier Elena Malygina in QF, 3 & 4); the 4 other tournies she played all ended with R1 exits. :awww:

Her best results last year were: runner-up of a Cat. 2 G16 in Lithuania in Feb (she lost 6-4 1-6 3-6 to Deniza Marcinkevica in the final), SFist of a G4 in Swden in March (lost 5-7 6-7(6) to Ksenia Domnina in SF), SFist of a G5 in georgia in July (lost 1 & 3 to Lana Kentchiashvili in SF), SFist of a G4 in Kyrgyzstan in Aug (lost 1 & 3 to Sevil Yuldasheva in SF), winner of a Cat. 3 G16 in Israel in Nov (she beat Eleni Louka 3 & 2 in the final), and SFist of a G5 in Belarus in Dec (lost 4 & 2 to Rebeka Mertena in SF).

Her current ranking is 388, not far from her CHR of 361. Hopefully this week's run bring her into the Top 300 next week! :awww:

Keep improving Nichka! :smooch: :cheer:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Last week she won the title in dubs with fellow Russian Anastasia Bovolskaya (they were the 4th seeds, beat top seeds Fischer/Petroula 4-6 6-4 [10-3] in SF and 3rd seeds Manilova/Poplavska 6-3 7-5 in the final!):

:awww:

http://instagr.am/p/BSQUM12gYk0/

with Yasmin Karimjanova

with Katya Reyngold

with Masha Krupenina

with Liza Dementyeva

·
Registered
37,300 Posts
Karolina so nice tanking to this girl to give her a title :hug:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
current ranking is 388, not far from her CHR of 361. Hopefully this week's run bring her into the Top 300 next week! :awww:
It has: Nika's up to a new CHR of 296 (+92) :hearts: :cheer:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More pics from her big week (ft. mummy :awww:):

Pepelyapova :inlove:

:hearts:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
with Liza Dementyeva :awww: :hearts:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: Nichka has played 2 tournaments since my previous post:

- G2 Ozerov Cup in Ryazan: she was the 12th seed there, had a bye in R1, struggled past Arina Solomatina 6-3 4-6 7-5 in R2, but got thrashed by 7th seed Elina Avanesyan in R3, 2 & 2 :hug:

- G4 Ventspils Open in Latvia: she was the 2nd seed, beat Stefanija Polischuk 4 & 2 in R1, Elza Tomase 7-5 6-2 in R2, Alisa Budanova (who straight-setted 5th seed Mertena in R2) 0 & 1 in QF :bolt: :worship: and fellow Ostrovskiy Academy girl Elizaveta Dementyeva (who dismantled 8th seed Reinertsen in R2 and then upset 3rd seed Bartone in QF) 2-6 7-5 7-6(4) in SF :devil: :bigclap:, before getting routined by local leftie top seed Alise Cernecka (16 yo, #275) 3 & 3 in the final :awww: :hug:

Thi shas brought her up to a CHR of 233 already :inlove: :bounce: Keep improving! :cheer:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update: Nika has played 2 tournaments since her final in Latvia:

- 2 weeks ago, G1 Junior Grand Prix in Austria: she lost 2 & 2 to Kristina Novak (1 year older than her, floating around #200) in R1 :sad: :hug:

- this week, G3 NBU Cup in Tashkent: she was the 6th seed, beat qualifier Narine Sargsyan 2 & 2 in R1, Milana Maslenkova 3 & 3 in R2, and Shivani Swarup Ingle 3 & 3 in QF :yeah: before falling 6-4 4-6 1-6 to 2nd seed Maria Krupenina (a few months older than her, Top 200) in SF :awww: :hug:

Proof that she's done a great job at improving her game, Krupenina used to be miles ahead of her in terms of results a couple years ago! :hi5:

She's even doing as good as Mini Mak, who used to be the Russian #2 by far after Potapova in U12, now. :hysteric: They played doubles together this week btw, upset the 3rd seeds in QF but got thrashed by 2nd seeds Avanesyan/Krupenina in SF. :tears: :hug:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
with Liza :hearts: :tennis:

http://instagr.am/p/BTM14Y_g4RL/
http://instagr.am/p/BTUcKIXgevE/

"All I need is food and Nastya❤����" :awww:

Ventspils

she won the title in doubles with Liza there, btw (they were the 2nd seeds and beat local top seeds Bartone/Marcinkevica 6-2 3-6 [10-5] in the final) :inlove: :bigclap:

Pepelyapova :inlove:

She turned 16 yesterday, my belated birthday wishes! :aparty: :smooch:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nika was the 4th seed at G3 Fergana Cup this week, but she lost 6-7(4) 4-6 to Yekaterina Dmitrichenko (a few months younger than her, SFist like her in Tashkent last week) from Kazakhstan in R1 :sobbing: :( :hug:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nika played G2 Budaors Cup in Hungary this week. :)

She scored a good 3 & 2 win over 14 yo leftie Noa Krznaric in R1, but got thrashed by 17 yo qualifier Giulia Peoni (who had previously dragged top seed Hindova in R1 :eek:) in R2, 1 & 2 :sad: :hug: (Edit: Peoni went on to win the whole thing, dropping only 1 set the whole week :eek:)

However she's won the title in dubs along with Taya Pachkaleva! :D :hearts: They were the 4th seeds, beat unseeded Italians Peoni/Traversi (who thrashed 3rd seeds Koval/Petrenko in R1) 3 & 0 in the final :bigclap:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
She's playing another G2 in Hungary now, but didn't make the MD directly this time, she's the top seeds in qualies :sobbing:

She had a bye in Q1 and beat Vivienn Abraham 1-6 6-1 6-1 in Q2 today :scared: :)
She'll play another Q match tomorrow! :bounce:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She's playing another G2 in Hungary now, but didn't make the MD directly this time, she's the top seeds in qualies :sobbing:

She had a bye in Q1 and beat Vivienn Abraham 1-6 6-1 6-1 in Q2 today :scared: :)
She'll play another Q match tomorrow! :bounce:
She beat 6th seed Adelaida Allakhverdiyeva (dis name :hearts:) 5-0 ret. in Q3 :) but got dragged by 3rd seed Stefania Rogozinska Dzik (same age, #114) in R1 today, 2 & 1 :sad: :hug:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nika is playing the G2 in Prague this week, she's the 5th seed there and had a bye in R1 :)

R2 vs. 14 yo (WC)Darja Vidmanova :scared: :cheer:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She lost 7-5 3-6 2-6 to Dasa :sobbing:

I had a feeling this one would be tough, Dasa is a good pusher and playing at home with a MDWC and nothing to lose... Still disappointing she pretty much faded away after winning a tight first set, should have given her a significant mental edge against a pretty inexperienced youngster :( :sad: :hug:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last week's DREAM doubles QF:

Wow, Ksyusha is bad... :unsure: :help: Otoh, Nika is better than I expected! :inlove:

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
with Taya :awww:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts