·
Registered
52,834 Posts
Hobart

R1 Veronika vs Stosur

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Probably hard for the former slam winner to concentrate with the gorgeous Vero across the net;)

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
It looks like Vero is playing the best tennis of anyone in the bottom half of the draw, so an appearance in the finals wouldn't surprise me one bit.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Mugu just gave her a w/o
It looks like a gift, I suppose, but Vero is only 8 spots lower in the current rankings and I wouldn't even have been that surprised if she had gotten a straight-sets victory over her erstwhile, formerly-elite opponent

·
Registered
8,566 Posts
Yes, a close loss against Garbine, but in the first round she beat Dayana Yastremska 76(2) in the third set, coming back from 2-5 (double break) down in the third. Overall a decent showing in this tournament.
Let's see how she does next week. So far looks like she's turning the season around.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Yes, a close loss against Garbine, but in the first round she beat Dayana Yastremska 76(2) in the third set, coming back from 2-5 (double break) down in the third. Overall a decent showing in this tournament.
Yes, I wouldn´t say that Vero was developmentally behind schedule, especially when you compare her to most players who have relationships with their coaches....Most of them are serious mental cases.

·
Registered
15,161 Posts
Would love to see Vero rise high enough to get seeded for RG:cool:, a development that most posters here probably wouldn't have expected at this time last year.

1201 - 1214 of 1214 Posts