Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that with today's win in Pattaya over Plipeuch (63 62), Vera recorded her 465th singles win of her career on the tour. So 35 more wins to reach 500 and enter a very elite group of active players having reached that. They are:

Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Tamarine Tanasugarn
Jelena Jankovic
Fransesca Schiavone
Nadia Petrova
Flavia Pennetta
Daniela Hantuchova
Maria Sharapova
Svetlana Kuznetsova

Now Vera would have reached that number of wins already when she would not be out for the whole 2013 season ;), but in fact she is quite close reaching that. So I thought it would be nice to keep track of this from now and who knows, maybe Vera can reach it already this year, but she would need some luck with that as well. Let's see how fast the number of wins grows.

Hope you will enjoy this thread :)

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I noticed that with today's win in Pattaya over Plipeuch (63 62), Vera recorded her 465th singles win of her career on the tour. So 35 more wins to reach 500 and enter a very elite group of active players having reached that. They are:

Venus Williams
Serena Williams
Tamarine Tanasugarn
Jelena Jankovic
Fransesca Schiavone
Nadia Petrova
Flavia Pennetta
Daniela Hantuchova
Maria Sharapova
Svetlana Kuznetsova

Now Vera would have reached that number of wins already when she would not be out for the whole 2013 season ;), but in fact she is quite close reaching that. So I thought it would be nice to keep track of this from now and who knows, maybe Vera can reach it already this year, but she would need some luck with that as well. Let's see how fast the number of wins grows.

Hope you will enjoy this thread :)
That'd be really great to see Vera reach (& surpass) 500 wins, and quite a milestone it would be for her!! :yeah: Though im pretty sure that Vera or any other player on that list isn't ever gonna be reaching Chrissie & Martina numbers....

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That'd be really great to see Vera reach (& surpass) 500 wins, and quite a milestone it would be for her!! :yeah: Though im pretty sure that Vera or any other player on that list isn't ever gonna be reaching Chrissie & Martina numbers....
That's not even a question, it is a fact. Those are never to be broken.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With 2 wins at Wimbledon, she is on 467 now :cheer:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I must have lost count somewhere, with 2 wins in Shenhen and 1 today in Oz, I thought she would be on 470 now. However, WTA holds her now on 471 wins without todays win. Have to look it up.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I must have lost count somewhere, with 2 wins in Shenhen and 1 today in Oz, I thought she would be on 470 now. However, WTA holds her now on 471 wins without todays win. Have to look it up.
2 wins in Hong Kong? :shrug:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, Vera was on 475 wins before Katowice. With the one win yesterday she is on 476, so 24 more to go!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts