Tennis Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Vera :bigcry: :help:

A shame she lost in R1. Vera played terrible, only a shadow of what she used to be :sobbing:

It was really painful to watch. No power, too short, no consistency, very weak serve, bad footwork/movement, Vera looked clueless, too passive, no confidence. Also Vera must get fitter. Everything is lost, she looked nothing like a former #2 ranked player. It hurt so much, to see her play like this. UEs everywhere, just awful.

14 Winners, 43 UEs ! :facepalm:

Vera is so far away from her best form, she is basically starting from zero again. I`m sure we`ll see lots of bad losses in next months. It will be a long long road back, it will take many months. Vera needs matches, matches, matches ...
Right, she didn't play well, she had many UE and many other things, but you can also look at the bright side of the story ! don't be so pessimistic !;)
it was just her second match, and also her first appearance in a GrandSlam after more than a year ! we must consider her stress during that match !
I know 43 UE is awful, but if you compare her Shenzhen performance with AO, you can easily find out she is not starting from Zero ! in Shenzhen there was no Stress, neither Brutal 43 Degree Heat so she performed relatively well !
We are all agree with you that she needs matches to return to her good form, but I don't think she is starting from zero or we'll see lots of bad losses !;)

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Vera's draw for Pattaya.

Rnd 1 Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs. Peangtarn Plipuech (THA)

I know nothing about this girl, but she is ranked 363 in the world. She is also a WC entry, and looks like a winneable match for Vera under normal circumstances. First match first, but there is a potential 2nd round with compatriot Ekaterina Makarova.

Good luck, Bepa :yeah:

·
Premium Member
65,072 Posts
Davay :cheer::cheer:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Also Her Doubles R1 Match in Pattaya:

Ekaterina Makarova / Elena Vesnina [1] vs Noppawan Lertcheewakarn / Vera Zvonareva [WC]

last match on Court 2 , Tomorrow !

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

Ekaterina Makarova / Elena Vesnina [1] vs Noppawan Lertcheewakarn / Vera Zvonareva [WC]

Too much faves in one match.. :sobbing:

At least, the bad draw came in Doubles..

Vera's draw for Pattaya.

Rnd 1 Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs. Peangtarn Plipuech (THA)

I know nothing about this girl, but she is ranked 363 in the world. She is also a WC entry, and looks like a winneable match for Vera under normal circumstances. First match first, but there is a potential 2nd round with compatriot Ekaterina Makarova.

Good luck, Bepa :yeah:
Well, she need to start from somewhere, and here is the first good opportunity for a win.. She needs one, badly.. When she get it (if she get it), then we can start dreaming with higher flights..

Still keeping my expectations very low.. :angel:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts

Bepa and Nop won 60 64 :eek:. First win of the year, even though it is doubles, still unexpected though, but I bet Katya and Lena still felt the aftermath of Friday's final.

Keep up the good work, Bepa :yeah:

·
Premium Member
65,072 Posts
Great! :cheer::cheer:

·
Registered
608 Posts
YES ! :bounce:

Hope she can continue this performance in Singles, too !
Still no Picture from Pattaya or Players party ?

P.S. It's better to change the title of this thread, now ! ;)

·
Registered
608 Posts
According to schedule , the second match on Court 1 is Vera's Match !
(Games starting at 3:00 pm on court 1 )

81 - 90 of 90 Posts