·
Registered
53,402 Posts
Love Vera's outfit! She chooses the two piece ones that I love. :hearts:

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Loss 2 & 2 to Casey. :eek: Has some serious work to do. :unsure: Yet, nice to have her back on the tour!

·
Registered
10,883 Posts
Didn't get too see the match but yeah this was an winnable match but at the same time it just the beginning of her comeback after being gone 2yr. she gonna have some odd lost from time to time

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Bit disappointed with the scoreline, but it is the start of a bumpy road ahead. Every player is different, but you see quite often that players who have been off court for a while or after injury, come back and the first tournaments do not work out as they used to. She will have more losses where we don't expect probably, but time will come where she wins her matches again :hug:

·
Registered
14,516 Posts
She is still clearly quite far from her peak fitness- consistency, movement are lacking, she has a few pounds to lose which will probably come off over the next few months as she regains rhythm and fitness. Her peak game involves extreme consistency and great court coverage, neither of which have returned yet.

But it's great that she is finally playing again, on the road back.

·
Registered
608 Posts
and in Doubles, she plays tomorrow at about 13:00 (Local Time) on court 20 !

AO 2014 - Doubles Draw:

R1 : Jelena Jankovic (SRB) Karin Knapp (ITA) vs A.Pavlyuchenkova (RUS) Vera Zvonareva (RUS)
P.S. Nastia, Won her Singles Match, but said on twitter:

A. Pavlyuchenkova ‏@NastiaPav 38m
Fun day 2 at @AustralianOpen , finished my match with 45 degrees, brutal conditions!it was about surviving there!but i won!#vomiting#happy
Maybe this unbelievable heat, made thing difficult for Vera yesterday !?

·
Premium Member
65,072 Posts
I don't think so, she said that she actually likes playing in the heat; so I don't think it was really a factor.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I don't think so, she said that she actually likes playing in the heat; so I don't think it was really a factor.
+1. I am sure as well, Vera said she likes to play in the heat. But it still could have been a factor. Has anyone seen or read a comment from vera after the match?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
They lost to JJ and Knapp 2 & 4. No wins at all since Vera's comeback, but at least she is back. Victories will come when time goes on. Also good to see that Dellaqua is actually on form as she beat Flipkens today 3 & 0, but for the rest won't go to any if's ;). So let's look forward to Pattaya, and hoping to see some improvements there :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
the worst thing is that we haven't heard anything from her about the matches.
We badly NEEEEEEED an Interview or at least a tweet! please Bepa !!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
^ Knowing her, this silence is normal..

She can play the Mixed Doubles event, so let's keep an eye open for the chance..

Hope she plays and won at least, one match.. Would do really well for her confidence...

·
Registered
608 Posts
in her twitter:

@verazvonareva

Hi guys! It didn't go too well for me at #AusOpen this year but it was still great to be back on the court competing at a GrandSlam!

I will keep working hard towards good quality tennis that I want to play! Need some of your support ))) #HardWork #lovetennis

WE ARE HERE TO SUPPORT YOU, VERA ! ;)

·
Registered
3,561 Posts

·
Registered
52,056 Posts
Vera :bigcry: :help:

A shame she lost in R1. Vera played terrible, only a shadow of what she used to be :sobbing:

It was really painful to watch. No power, too short, no consistency, very weak serve, bad footwork/movement, Vera looked clueless, too passive, no confidence. Also Vera must get fitter. Everything is lost, she looked nothing like a former #2 ranked player. It hurt so much, to see her play like this. UEs everywhere, just awful.

14 Winners, 43 UEs ! :facepalm:

Vera is so far away from her best form, she is basically starting from zero again. I`m sure we`ll see lots of bad losses in next months. It will be a long long road back, it will take many months. Vera needs matches, matches, matches ...

61 - 80 of 90 Posts