Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So now officially back after 1.5 years :eek: :yeah: Time to reinstate in the Greatest Active list!

Trial by fire, definitely! Currently, 4-3 against Na.

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Tough Opening round for Vera was hoping for an better draw but at the same time we can see where she at going against an top level player

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
Bepa will know by now life's not always easy and seems to take these things like the great little trooper she is,just hope to hell she enjoys being back in action :)

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
^ I wasn't expecting much, independent of the opponent, but the draw could be more kind...

BTW, her Doubles match is today..

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Well, they lost it so close: 1-6 6-2 8-10

Not Important! we are here to Support you Bepa ! and this is just the beginning of the road !
Even in losing i think that was a good result for Vera considering it was her first match back after so long. Hopefully she can do better in singles, starting with winning her match against Li Na. :)

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Don't care about the loss, this just marks Vera's official return to the court :cheer:. It just now begins. I will open a new live scoring thread, the old one was so old, I believe the mods even removed that one :(.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Vera lost to Na, 57 36.

Still ecstatic to have her back :bounce:

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
I miss the match anyone can tell I well she played. Judging by the scoreline she put up an decent fight

·
Registered
53,439 Posts
I miss the match anyone can tell I well she played. Judging by the scoreline she put up an decent fight
First set was very close. I followed the scoreline. Li broke her in the early rounds but she manage to broke back. Vera was serving 5-6 30-40 but Li manage to take the set on set point. I think she lost steam during the second set. But still pretty close match overall.

·
Registered
57,944 Posts
I hate Li :fiery:

But very happy Vera is back. Hope she stays healthy 2014. What`s her next event ? :)

·
Registered
610 Posts
@verazvonareva :
Дорогие друзья! С Новым Годом!При летела в Австралию! Очень приятно здесь оказаться и не терпится вновь выйти на корт на@AustralianOpen !

·
Look who's back!
32,304 Posts
Vera will play doubles with Pavlyuchenkova in Melbourne. ;)

Happy she's playing doubles, but I'd hoped Sveta would partner her again.

Pavs ditched Watson to play with Bepa. :oh:

21 - 40 of 90 Posts