Tennis Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
:speakles: :bounce:

I'm still thinking she'll really return in february, but in this case, I'm hoping to be wrong..

Before the AO, she must play in another place. Maybe that tournament in China, is still in her plans..

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Let's Re-Start!!

Vera Zvonareva ‏@verazvonareva 30 min

Hi guys! Just arrived to China! May not be able to contact you in the next few days but wishing you a very Happy New Year!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Shenzhen Singles Main Draw is out: (THE Worst Possible Draw)

(#1)Na Li vs Vera Zvonareva
T Babos vs N Kichenok
M Niculescu vs A Schmiedlová
C Yung-jan vs (#6) Z Shuai
(#3)K Zakopalová vs D Vekic
P Mayr-Achleitner vs TBD(Q)
TBD (Q) vs A Wozniak
A Tomljanović vs (#8)A Beck
Jesus.. Was afraid of something like that.. :tears:

Hope she can play more in Doubles and gain something.. More than anything, hope she can play painless.. Everything else, comes with time..

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
^ I wasn't expecting much, independent of the opponent, but the draw could be more kind...

BTW, her Doubles match is today..

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
^ Knowing her, this silence is normal..

She can play the Mixed Doubles event, so let's keep an eye open for the chance..

Hope she plays and won at least, one match.. Would do really well for her confidence...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Also Her Doubles R1 Match in Pattaya:

Ekaterina Makarova / Elena Vesnina [1] vs Noppawan Lertcheewakarn / Vera Zvonareva [WC]

last match on Court 2 , Tomorrow !
Too much faves in one match.. :sobbing:

At least, the bad draw came in Doubles..

Vera's draw for Pattaya.

Rnd 1 Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs. Peangtarn Plipuech (THA)

I know nothing about this girl, but she is ranked 363 in the world. She is also a WC entry, and looks like a winneable match for Vera under normal circumstances. First match first, but there is a potential 2nd round with compatriot Ekaterina Makarova.

Good luck, Bepa :yeah:
Well, she need to start from somewhere, and here is the first good opportunity for a win.. She needs one, badly.. When she get it (if she get it), then we can start dreaming with higher flights..

Still keeping my expectations very low.. :angel:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts