Tennis Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Slowly, but surely, more good news keeps coming in :bounce:. Still won't hang out the flag until she actually is on court.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
She will be playing, unless her doctors advise not to. She will have a final go or no go from them this month, not sure exactly when. Somehow I feel she still has to announce that. Last year she pulled out of Aussie summer 21st of December, so like said before, I will cheer once she actually is on court.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Now I really start to believe she will be playing :bounce:. Vera's resurrection about to start.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Shenzhen Singles Main Draw is out: (THE Worst Possible Draw)

(#1)Na Li vs Vera Zvonareva
T Babos vs N Kichenok
M Niculescu vs A Schmiedlová
C Yung-jan vs (#6) Z Shuai
(#3)K Zakopalová vs D Vekic
P Mayr-Achleitner vs TBD(Q)
TBD (Q) vs A Wozniak
A Tomljanović vs (#8)A Beck
Yes, the draw is terrible, but on the other hand, I don't care. The fact that Vera is back is beyond who she plays. It is even a good test I think where she is against a top player and how her rehab the past few months has paid off. I want her, but don't expect her to win. The way back will be long and though, so why not start against Li anyway;)

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Don't care about the loss, this just marks Vera's official return to the court :cheer:. It just now begins. I will open a new live scoring thread, the old one was so old, I believe the mods even removed that one :(.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
@verazvonareva:

Hi my friends! Just landed in Australia! I'm so happy to be back here to compete @AustralianOpen !!!

:woohoo:
:yeah:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Vera will play doubles with Pavlyuchenkova in Melbourne. ;)

Happy she's playing doubles, but I'd hoped Sveta would partner her again.

Pavs ditched Watson to play with Bepa. :oh:
Bit surprised, as Pavs retired last week from her singles match in Brisbane due to a thigh injury and today she lost relatively easy to Riske in 2 sets in Hobart. Wonder if it is wise for Pavs to play doubles as well as she seems a bit vulnerable at the moment. We'll see.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I am not into fashion, but to me, Vera makes everything look good ;)

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I don't like dresses on Vera so I'm going to go with the fourth one.
That I agree, if one, I like the one with the skirt most.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Yeah, I like the draw, but one match at a time. Let's see how this first match works out, but under normal circumstances, very doable. Good luck, Bepa :yeah:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
It is streamed

Vera will play Monday January 13th, second match on show court 3, after Robson-Flipkens. A show court is Always streamed, if I am not mistaken.

Reactions: Shadowcat

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Bit disappointed with the scoreline, but it is the start of a bumpy road ahead. Every player is different, but you see quite often that players who have been off court for a while or after injury, come back and the first tournaments do not work out as they used to. She will have more losses where we don't expect probably, but time will come where she wins her matches again :hug:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I don't think so, she said that she actually likes playing in the heat; so I don't think it was really a factor.
+1. I am sure as well, Vera said she likes to play in the heat. But it still could have been a factor. Has anyone seen or read a comment from vera after the match?

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
They lost to JJ and Knapp 2 & 4. No wins at all since Vera's comeback, but at least she is back. Victories will come when time goes on. Also good to see that Dellaqua is actually on form as she beat Flipkens today 3 & 0, but for the rest won't go to any if's ;). So let's look forward to Pattaya, and hoping to see some improvements there :)

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Vera's draw for Pattaya.

Rnd 1 Vera Zvonareva (RUS) vs. Peangtarn Plipuech (THA)

I know nothing about this girl, but she is ranked 363 in the world. She is also a WC entry, and looks like a winneable match for Vera under normal circumstances. First match first, but there is a potential 2nd round with compatriot Ekaterina Makarova.

Good luck, Bepa :yeah:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Also Her Doubles R1 Match in Pattaya:

Ekaterina Makarova / Elena Vesnina [1] vs Noppawan Lertcheewakarn / Vera Zvonareva [WC]

last match on Court 2 , Tomorrow !
Bepa and Nop won 60 64 :eek:. First win of the year, even though it is doubles, still unexpected though, but I bet Katya and Lena still felt the aftermath of Friday's final.

Keep up the good work, Bepa :yeah:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts