Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
also on Mylan WTT Twitter:

@WorldTeamTennis
Will any of these fresh faces from today's #MylanWTTRosterDraft lead their team to the King Trophy? (©Camerawork USA)
pic.twitter.com/dFxxSYEbOk

·
Registered
21,026 Posts
too sad, too frustraining

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
And she's not there... Something happened.. :sad:
Oh no :sad:. Seems like 2012 again, all those withdrawls to tournaments. Wonder about the reason, but I don't like the sound of it. She wants to play more matches, but instead she will not play.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Oh no :sad:. Seems like 2012 again, all those withdrawls to tournaments. Wonder about the reason, but I don't like the sound of it. She wants to play more matches, but instead she will not play.
She also pulled out of Marrakesh.. :sobbing:

So: was too early??

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
She also pulled out of Marrakesh.. :sobbing:

So: was too early??
O no, now definately somehting is wrong :sad:. Hope she updates soon why, but I am starting to get a bad feeling.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Well...

Vera Zvonareva ‏@verazvonareva 8 h
Hi everyone! I wish I was playing Miami but my shoulder needs more time for recovery in order to be able to play at 100%!
Vera Zvonareva ‏@verazvonareva
I hope to start training fairly soon again and be back competing once I'm 100% ready!Thank you for your support! And see you soon! Big hug
I'm still believing she pushed too much and now is paying the price.. Her return was really precipitated..

Now, we have to do the same thing we did in the last 20 months: await.. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Well...

I'm still believing she pushed too much and now is paying the price.. Her return was really precipitated..

Now, we have to do the same thing we did in the last 20 months: await.. :unsure:
Her surgery was already over a year ago, bur if the shoulder is still not OK, I am starting to think, will it ever be again to play the level she can. You could be right she pushed too much to be back. Seems so strange as she only played what, 5 matches since her return?

Take the time tyou need, Vera, as hard as it will be, we will wait.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
No, no and no :sad:. She is not on these EL's, I don't think she is ready to play yet. Even if she could play RG, she could get a WC, but I doubt she will request without any match play. My feeling says she will skip the grass season as well. If she will play again in 2014, I think it will be for the US hardcourt season, but only if she feels 100% OK again.

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
:/

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
:sad:

·
Registered
610 Posts
COME ON GUYS !!!! Don't be disappointed ! it doesn't change anything !
We should be patient and Support her ! definitely our support give her extra motivation to come back !
Just remember how she played against Na Li in Shenzhen, after about 2 years of absence !!! I believe if her shoulder allow, she will be back even stronger than before !

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Well, she was never IN for Roland Garros, so did not expert her to be there anyway.

On the other, the longer it takes for her to come back, the more I consider the possibility she will not come back at all. Yes, we can be patient and have faith. But we already do that since beginning of 2012. The shoulder has almost bothered her now for 3 years and it is still not OK. In 2013 she takes that decision to go for an operation and it did not solve it. So if we have to be patient how should it be for Vera. She is almost 30 and does not have many years left in the tank, at least for players to stay at the top.
Support and patience, no problem, and we know Vera appreciates it. But if there is no change to her situation soon to give her prospect for the future, I think Rafa might be right.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts