Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As Vera is back, and fans all over the world find articles about her schedule, in this thread you can enter where she will play in 2014, uses her PR's or receives wildcards.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What we know so far:

29 dec 2013 Shenzhen Open (WC)
14 Jan 2014 Australian Open (PR)
28 Jan 2014 Pattaya (WC)
17 Feb Rio Open (WC)

·
Registered
20,773 Posts
Can't wait to see her in Brazil.

·
Registered
20,773 Posts
^ I'm not sure yet. But there is a chance.

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
I fear a bit for her great 11 or whatever nil record against Franny, might be her best chance for a win if they meet up:(Hope not though!

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I expect Bepa to get a WC to both IW and Miami. For IW as a former winner she definately should get one and for Miama as it is a IMG event (for sponsors). Both are not yet confirmed so far.

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
i read that she not playing in rio :sad:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i read that she not playing in rio :sad:
Unfortunately you are right, she will not play Rio because of the doctors advise her to rest the shoulder a bit longer :(. Not this worries me big time, that after playing 3 tournies she needs to have to shoulder rest. Time will tell. The article is in Portugese, I am sorry for our Brazilian friends they will not see her play there, but so is Vera.

http://tenisbrasil.uol.com.br/noticias/24828/Zvonareva-descansa-e-nao-disputa-o-Rio-Open/

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
20,773 Posts
I think she needs more hours on court, so imo it'd bbetterplay qualis.
What you guys think?

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe later, but not now. I believe she gains most now from playing the MD's. Of course, risk is she meets a top player soon and goes out (as it is as a qualifier), but it will makes her stronger to be pushed. I agree she has been unlucky and not much match practise, she needs more, but who guarantees she will play more than 1 qualy match at the moment. Just my opinion, but who knows she will qualies eventually, especially in GS later in the year.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I think she needs more hours on court, so imo it'd bbetterplay qualis.
What you guys think?
Agree...

Question: how many WC a player can receive in a year??

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Agree...

Question: how many WC a player can receive in a year??
I don't believe there is a limit to the WC you receive, that is up to the tournament directors/sponsors. She has 8 SR's to use though for being injured longe than 6 months and she has used none so far (apart from the one she can use for GS in OZ). Her PR is 15 I believe, so using it would get her easily in any tournament.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts