Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Althought there is still no official word on when Vera will hit the courts again and the 2012 season is almost over, I want to start on a positive here, Vera's 2013 Tournament schedule:bounce:!. Long way to go still, but it gives us something to look forward to hopefully. The 2013 season starts in the first week with the Brisbane, Auckland and new Shengzhen tournament. If Vera decides to make her comeback there, I kinda hope she will do in Auckland. Field should not be as strong as in Brisbane and for Vera to get some rythm, it would be good to get some matches under the belt first. Also Auckland is more like the Australian conditions. We'll see. Any info you find on where Vera will be playing in 2013 is welcome here:D.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea :yeah:

As she will be out of Top 100, this gives the opportunity to mount her calendar more freely, without the limitations of being a YE Top 10..

Auckland is a good idea for a start ;)

The 2013 WTA calendar: http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/Archive/AboutTheTour/TourCalendar_2013.pdf
The only annoying thing for her ranking will be, she will have 4 or 5 zero pointers in her top 16 results and will only be scatched when these tournaments have past:(. So Vera needs a really good start of the season to climb considerably on the rankings again. But she will be able to pick more tourneys again indeed :)

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
^ That's really a good field..

Also hoping for a generous draw, but just see her name in the EL again, renewed my hopes.. :cheer:

She's one of the WC of the tournament..

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
I was lying there buggered,watching the sports news and got a shock to see the Bepa:hearts:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was lying there buggered,watching the sports news and got a shock to see the Bepa:hearts:
Consider it the best thing that could happen to you at that time ;)

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pattaya, nice :yeah:. She loves it there. As Vera is no top 10 player anymore, she can play multiple MM tourneys before and after Wimbledon. And she needs to play more tourney's to boost her ranking, so she can have a more representative ranking than she has now. Off course only when she can do this injuryfree. I expect her schedule to be like this:

Auckland
Sydney
Melbourne
Pattaya
Middle East (Dubai and/or Doha)
Indian Wells
Miami

After that, we'll have to see.

·
Registered
10,894 Posts
She playing Moorilla Hobart International

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope she will go deep in Auckland so she can't go to Hobart :rolleyes: on the other hand , i'm wondering about her seeding on AO...... :confused:
She will not be seeded at AO and can draw anybody for the first round. Can be Azarenka, Williams, can also be a player ranked 100 or a qualifier. Seeding will be made according ranking after Auckland, Vera can only add 280 points at max. to her current total and will not be enough for a seeding in top 32.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
:tape:

She can't play qualies there. She has to play her semifinal and final in Auckland during qualies in Hobart :tape:.
She's playing Q's for Hobart :hysteric: Do they not have enough WCs :lol:
I really hope she go deep in Auckland, but this could is good..

If she's is really thinking in playing in Hobart, playing qualies if needed, seems that she's really confident in her current form.. And Vera really need gameplay, to make something in the AO..

And we know she will need to play Qualies somewhere, soon or later..

·
Premium Member
9,477 Posts
I agree that she could use the extra matches, particularly if she doesn't do well at Auckland, but it's just so weird to think that 2 years ago she was the No.2 and now they're making her play qualies. She's by far the biggest name to go to Hobart and I think in the tournaments history she'd be among the top 2 or 3 players to have ever played there.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I agree that she could use the extra matches, particularly if she doesn't do well at Auckland, but it's just so weird to think that 2 years ago she was the No.2 and now they're making her play qualies. She's by far the biggest name to go to Hobart and I think in the tournaments history she'd be among the top 2 or 3 players to have ever played there.
I'm very interested to see who received those WC.. :scratch:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts