Tennis Forum banner

1801 - 1820 of 4485 Posts

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Wow I am awat for one week and I miss ths best week outside of a grand slam for Bepa in almost 3 years. Maybe I should go away more often?

Just awesome Beap :worship: Big congrats!

Keeop this going, #1 is still reachable before Wimbledon.

·
Registered
112,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,802
Its good Vera did this before IW & Miami.
She is a recent IW champion, 2009. She knows those courts.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Well done Vera:banana:

:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha: That was good, really.
:banana:

I was curious to know, did anyone catch any of what Vera or Sergey said in the oncourt coaching after the first set of the Hantuchova match? Thats the first time i saw her call him on the court, and it was weird timing after winning the set.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I was curious to know, did anyone catch any of what Vera or Sergey said in the oncourt coaching after the first set of the Hantuchova match? Thats the first time i saw her call him on the court, and it was weird timing after winning the set.
here is the part of the video-

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
It was hard to hear, because Beyonce was really loud. :p If anyone can get to Eurosport Player, the whole thing is obviously on there; I would have captured it by now but I'm too dumb/cheap to figure out how to do that.

There was a lot of him telling her everything was fine; I was amused that she didn't have the towel over her head. When she used to call Sam down, he was always stuck trying to whisper to her through a towel. :lol:

·
Banned
261 Posts
I've heard something ))
She said: I can't change one's approach ..... because Daniela plays very agressively and she forces me to play behind the baseline

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
In the fnal she played a lot better. Thats what i wanted to see.
She played a lot better in the last 3 matches.

Trust me. You dont want to see this. :wavey:
But if you insist
http://rgfootball.net/viewtopic.php?t=5728
I watched it and the tennis was painful. Dominika was having a terrible time trying to get things going, & I think as a result Vera couldn't find her rhythm, or any rhythm. After a while it looked like she stopped trying & just waited for one of Domi's 30 UEs. Too bad. It could have been a very good match.

But the cuteness of the players helped make up for it. :hearts:

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
I find this article by Bruce Jenkins an insult to Bepa:fiery:

You have to admire Vera Zvonareva's jacked-up game and newfound control of her emotions (most of the time), but she shouldn't be a threat to the No. 1 player in women's tennis, whomever it may be. The top player has to crush Zvonareva's game, every time. So it's a bit of a disappointment that Caroline Wozniacki, who lost to Zvonareva at the U.S. Open and the recent Doha tournament, can't establish some superiority. Serena Williams would (and will) own this rivalry, top to bottom, and so would the vintage Justine Henin .

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/bruce_jenkins/02/28/agassi.sampras.ten.thoughts/index.html#ixzz1FO73hDjM

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
You're quite right.
He's one of those who can't seem to grasp the idea of progressing to new levels.
When Bepa hits #1, he'll be confounded in his own dead end maze of denial.

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
Congrats for your win in Doha,Vera :hearts:.I was away so I couldn´t congratulate her when needed

Good luck in IW,may this year be pretty windy and she will win it all :cool:.Draw is done today,and there are 4R pts to defend

·
Registered
112,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,816
Zvonareva: I'm just a regular student and there is no difference to what I do once I leave school. It's good because, for me, the most important thing is to try and get some knowledge and to know things outside the tennis court that contributes to my life after the sport. I'm trying to develop myself not only as a tennis player but as a person. Study is important for everyone. Nothing is different, I have to do all the tests and sit in the class. I feel like I'm not a tennis player when I'm out there and just a regular student and I enjoy that life.

http://yhoo.it/fKWQI0

·
Registered
112,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,817
Lost badly in doubles today

·
Registered
50,628 Posts
Good luck in Indian Wells, Vera!:kiss:

So many good memories here. Surprised Vera and Bacsinszky haven`t met before.

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
It was indeed a pathetic choke :lol: :tape: :facepalm:.But atleast she recovered from 3 0* down in the TB :lol: :shrug:

Don´t do it again :fiery:

1801 - 1820 of 4485 Posts