Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 4499 Posts

·
36,371 Posts
Vera had very little energy in the first set so I was glad she was getting angry towards the end of the match..it made her play a little better..but still sad she lost :sad:

·
Who knows where the time goes
22,385 Posts
She was bad,a bit off as always when she is playing later.Still it was a decent run and she lost to Juju:p:hug:
See you in clay,Vera,with no points to defend,so there is no pressure at all:kiss:

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Bepa! :sad: :hug: :smooch:
I don't know what happened in the first 3 games, but you can't let Henin get up 3-0. By the time I found a live stream, it was 1-4, so I saw what Epigone was talking about. Vera did make a good showing in the 2nd set, no shame in losing to Henin. But if she'd been on tonite, she could have won.

Lost to Henin 1-6, 4-6 -- 1hr 06m
VERA............................. 1st .................... 2nd
Aces............................... 0 ....................... 1
DF.................................. 2 ....................... 1
1st serve........................ 55% .................. 74%
1st serve pts................... 64% .................. 70%
2nd serve pts.................. 22% .................. 57%
Winners........................... 3 ...................... 3
UE................................. 12 ..................... 14
BP Saved........................ 1/3 ................... 2/3
BP Won.......................... 0/0 ................... 0/0
Recv pts......................... 29% .................. 23%
Total Pts....................... 16/44 ................. 24/53

First set a statistical mess. Improvement in her serving game in the 2nd, except for UEs. Obviously the UEs tell a lot of the story. But I couldn't figure out why Vera pretty much kept returning to her instead of making JH run around. Also Vera stayed back a lot when I thought she could have run up and taken a lot of the shots early. (easy for me to say :p).

In addition to being a night match, they began nearly two hours late, didn't they? Except for some minor outbursts, Vera held it together pretty well emotionally. I thought she was going to lose it at one point in the 2nd set, but she recovered nicely.

Rest up for Charleston, Vera. :zzz: A chance to regain some points for a while.

Any word on if she'll play Fed Cup?

BTW, what's with that Miami crowd? :(
Vera deserved a lot more than that smattering of applause for her effort in that match.

:hug: Bepa. :kiss: :hug:

·
Registered
112,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I didnt like losing again to Stosur. Justine is a great player.
Vera has almost no points to defend and she needs to win matches the next few months

·
Registered
112,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
From facebook - Frustrating loss to Henin but time to get ready for the clay. I just drove to Bradenton where I am going to be doing some training at IMG Academies for the next week and a bit before heading to Charleston.

·
Registered
9,647 Posts
You would have to wonder if she can play without thinking "This is where it happened" I hope she can :hearts:

·
Registered
112,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Vera was up a break in the 3rd set of the 2008 final there. She is good there. That was just bad luck last year

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
You would have to wonder if she can play without thinking "This is where it happened" I hope she can :hearts:
Vera was up a break in the 3rd set of the 2008 final there. She is good there. That was just bad luck last year
It wasn't just last year.

2009 was the injury to her ankle in the final against Razzano.

In 2007 she had to retire in 2nd set Semifinal against Safina because of the pain due to the (season-long) injury to her wrist. That kept her out until the US Open.

:unsure:

Hopefully, she won't think about it, because that might increase the risk of another injury.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Its about a 4 hour drive from Miami to Bradenton, good little roadtrip to get the frustration out.
Shes beating everyone shes supposed to fairly easily so far this year. Just the 1 loss by retirement, 3 losses to players presently ranked in the top 10, and the only other loss was to the future HOFer Justine Henin. Nothing wrong with that, considering the ankle is less than 100% still. Just stay healthy, and good things will happen.

·
Registered
112,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
You cant blame the wrist on that tournament. Vera had to stop to let it heal.

·
Premium Member
20,853 Posts
Its about a 4 hour drive from Miami to Bradenton, good little roadtrip to get the frustration out.
Shes beating everyone shes supposed to fairly easily so far this year. Just the 1 loss by retirement, 3 losses to players presently ranked in the top 10, and the only other loss was to the future HOFer Justine Henin. Nothing wrong with that, considering the ankle is less than 100% still. Just stay healthy, and good things will happen.
Vera should have never lost that match against Azarenka at the AO being up 6-4 3*-1 40-15 and 6-4 4*-2. And that Stosur loss was not neccessary either. And the scorelines against Azarenka at Dubai and now Henin are shameful. I find her year to be quite disappointing so far. Maybe except for the Jankovic match.

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
I really believe that is she would have defended her title if she had defeated Stosur . :shrug: I also very feel a little bit dissapointed but honestly , there was too much points . She's just can't defend them all :shrug:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Matt Cronin on Twitter wrote: Vera says she not sure if she wants a coach now. She shouldnt hire one until she gets over Sam leaving her

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
You cant blame the wrist on that tournament. Vera had to stop to let it heal.
No, you can't "blame" it on the tournament, but that tournament was the last straw for her wrist. She'd been playing with the injury for nearly a year, and wouldn't let it heal. But Charleston is where her wrist said "Enough!"

41 - 60 of 4499 Posts