Tennis Forum banner
4661 - 4673 of 4673 Posts

·
Registered
117,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,663 ·
Swiatek dominating so far 16. Maybe Vera just cant hold serve against the top 20

·
Registered
117,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,664 ·
Swiatek was too good, 61 63. But good to be in slam main draws

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
well, so be it. Hoped she would be more competitive, but really happy she managed to get the 1 MD win. Hopefully some good runs on US hardcourts in a few weeks :)

·
Registered
117,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,666 ·
Vera just lost to Frech in a SF, playing doubles with Vosbokoeva

·
Registered
117,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,668 ·
I see Vera dropped to 101, out of the top 100. Playing now in Cleveland
Zvonareva has lost the first set in 5 of her last 6 main draw matches when playing in the United States. Zvonareva is the favorite given an 84.6% chance to win the first set against Ulrikke Eikeri despite this

·
Registered
117,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,669 ·
Vera won set 1 today

·
Registered
117,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,670 ·
Vera won her singles match, lost in doubles, then withdrew. So who knows if she is healthy for the major. Draw is Thursday

·
Registered
57,944 Posts
US Open

R1 Vera vs #1 Barty ! 😮
I just hope she is healthy and can show her best tennis.
She has nothing to lose. No pressure at all on her. Vera should enjoy it.

·
Registered
117,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,672 ·
Vera got to play on Ashe, had a set point for 1 set all but Barty hit the line and then won the tiebreak
A good 2nd set

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
Yeah, I saw the whole match, was great to see a full match again from Vera. First set was too overwhelming by Ash, she dominated the game, made Vera run from left to right and controlling the match with big hits. 2nd Set was fun and good to watch, Vera upped her game and had some very good points and stayed in it well, when she was 3-5 down. Too bad for that setpoint in the tiebreak, but somehow I did not have the feeling Vera would pull this off, but we will never know. It was good to see her being competitive in that set and showed she still got a good game. Hope she still feels fit because with all the bandages (thigh, ankles) it looked like she came out of a war zone.

4661 - 4673 of 4673 Posts