Tennis Forum banner

4561 - 4580 of 4584 Posts

·
Registered
55,523 Posts
Congrats on winning US Open, Vera/Laura !!! :love::love::love: ♥♥♥

Unbelievable tournament. First tournament together, and they win a Grand Slam title.

The first Grand Slam doubles title for Laura, and the 3rd Grand Slam doubles title for Vera.

Laura was the best player. BRILLIANT performance! Active, great ideas/volleys/touch, very smart.

Laura played AMAZING until 5-1. Then it got closer, but they closed the set out at 6-4.
Vera played GREAT tennis in the 2nd set until 6-4 2-0. She showed all her big talent there.
Strong tennis from both in the rest of the 2nd set and to finish the match. Respect !

A convincing win. Concentrated, dominant, superior. Very deserved title :D
Vera/Laura were clearly the better team. They looked like the #3 seeds, and not Melichar/Xu.

Also lovely winner hug (it was allowed by umpire). What a wonderful doubles team Vera/Laura are!

·
Registered
55,523 Posts
Their road to the title

R1: Laura/Vera def. Guarachi/Krwaczyk 6-3 6-0
R2: Laura/Vera def. (7) Azarenka/Kenin 7-6(4) 6-3
QF: Laura/Vera def. (2) Mertens/Sabalenka 6-4 7-6(1)
SF: Laura/Vera def. Blinkova/Kudermetova 5-7 6-3 7-5
F: Laura/Vera def. (3) Melichar/Xu 6-4 6-4

Very impressive wins (y)

·
Registered
114,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,563
vera used to be a great doubles player. i dont think she remembers how she did it.
but laura played great and gave them a big lead, and vera served out the match

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
I am so happy for Vera especially and Laura as well, she played great! A well deserved win. Did not think I would see the day Vera winning a grand slam (even that it is her 5th in doubles), and watched a whole match of her again on the tele. Looks like she hasn't aged at all, like she was still 25. Hell, I felt 10 years younger watching her play. Then I looked in the mirror (but that is a different story ;) ). Hope they will play together for many more tournaments, they somehow make each other play better.

Well done, congratz!

·
Registered
55,523 Posts
Every Vera fan should watch the trophy speech and the press conference ;)

Reactions: Phenomareva

·
Registered
114,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,567
Vera is in Rome
Vera/Q
Kerber/Siniakova
The good thing about winning this major is that another major coming very soon!

·
Registered
114,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,568
Vera has 5 doubles major titles. AO, and 2 US Open doubles, Wimbledon & US Open mixed.
The only major she has not won is Paris. So go get it now!!!

·
Registered
114,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,570
Vera lost to Kasatkina 26 26. On to Paris and play both doubles events!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
So Paris now it is, in qualies, she will play today in Round 1 compatriot Viklyantseva.

Good luck Vera, as always, at least a win would be nice!

Reactions: Pliskapenko

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Vera beat Rodionova 60 64(y) :D

Very solid scoreline, with lots of breaks in second set, but at least Vera stayed on the right side of the score. Now for a place in t he MD against Niculescu, which will be tough. But with the recent results, I have faith she can make it.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Vera got bageled first set :(. Match is now stopped due to rain

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Vera won second set 63 :D . She started 02 down again, but after that she fought back. Keep going, Vera!

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Vera not done for the season yet (in singles) . She plays at 25K in Istanbul, won first round against compatriot Zakharova 62 62 :)

369 Posts
Into the final, nice form this week :giggle: Plays Kanepi in the final. Good luck Vera!

R1: d. Zakharova 6-2 6-2
R2: d. Lukas 6-1 6-2
QF: d. Zavatska (2) 6-4 6-1
SF: d. Jones 6-2 6-1

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Vera lost the final 36 36 to Kanepi, she is a player Vera always has some trouble with. But nice result nonetheless :)

·
Registered
55,523 Posts
Linz gave Vera a Wild Card ! :D

Reactions: Phenomareva
4561 - 4580 of 4584 Posts