Tennis Forum banner

4481 - 4490 of 4490 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Ugh, that stinks. Will fall out of the top 100 now. Is she gonna want to come back again?
That is totally up to Vera, but it is fair to say she is in the fall of her career. And after her long maternity leave, she came back, but still is so prone to injuries. Furthermore, she will turn 35 in two weeks, she ain't getting any younger. On the other hand, as long as she enjoys playing, there is still no reason to quit, given she is healthy of course. But I always thought she will retire at Kremlin cup, she is not on any EL so far after US open, so maybe she aims just for Kremlin cup, but that is just my speculation :shrug:.

·
Registered
4,640 Posts
Not good news. :frown2:
Get well soon, Bepa. :hug:
But don't rush it. :unsure:

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
(Belated) happy birthday, Vera :aparty: :bdaycake:

35 now, hope you had a great day with your family.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
So I thought what might have happened to Vera since she did not play anymore since RG. Did she retire quietly? Was she maybe pregnant again? Or would she let her injury heal first properly before giving it another go?

It was quiet recent months, and apart from some instagram pictures where she ran a 10K in Moscow and some work outs in the gym, she silently let her absence pass six months, making her eligible for SR. So, for those still interested, Vera is not done yet!

Zvonareva has entered Shenzhen, Hobart and AO for the 2020 season (#78 SR)

·
Registered
52,056 Posts
Good news ! :)

Maybe it was smart to wait for the SR :shrug:

I hope she will be fresh and healthy in 2020 and kick some asses !

·
Registered
52,056 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Vera :(

Somehow she does not get fully healthy anymore. And with her age considered, I wonder we will ever see her on court again, let alone in major matches. The fact that she still enters tournaments gives some hope at least. Guess it is wait and see again.

·
Registered
52,056 Posts
Yes, a shame that she can´t stay healthy :sad:
Yes, now at 35 yo and as a mother and with these injury problems.
I guess she will use all her SR this year. And then retire - if she still has health problems.
I wish she could stay healthy. She showed in 2019 that the talent/game is still there.
Similar situation to Sharapova. They are old, constantly injured. Their bodies tell them to stop.
Sad because Vera and Maria still have the fire and their beautiful talented games.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Yes, a shame that she can´t stay healthy :sad:
Yes, now at 35 yo and as a mother and with these injury problems.
I guess she will use all her SR this year. And then retire - if she still has health problems.
I wish she could stay healthy. She showed in 2019 that the talent/game is still there.
Similar situation to Sharapova. They are old, constantly injured. Their bodies tell them to stop.
Sad because Vera and Maria still have the fire and their beautiful talented games.
Agreed, that is indeed the thing. They have asked more from their body they can handle and both are past their prime of their physical capabilities. There are always exceptions in some cases (Federer, Williams, etc.) but they have to choose a very limited schedule already for years as well. And it is no shame to call it a day at a certain point, you just want it to be a proper farewell, on court, in good shape. Who knows what we will still see of Bepa.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
4481 - 4490 of 4490 Posts