Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Don't mess with Texas!
4,900 Posts
Sharapova or Sprem

· Banned
14,953 Posts
Being that Vera is already in the top 20, has been consistent all year, and has nothing to defend until March 2004, I pick Vera.

Thanks.

· Registered
8,954 Posts
vera is closest but i think sprem and sharapova are better. sharapova still has the AER to deal with and altough she may have a chane of reaching the top 10 next year (but it would be extremely tough) as said above vera is already in the top 20, is consistent and hasn't got much to defend until march so i think she'll probably beat sharapova to it. sprem hasn't got a good result in a slam yet and doesn't have much chance this year to reach the top 10 so i think vera will beat them to it. ashley will have to really work to get into the top 10 whereas i think the others wouldn't have to work as much or as hard so ahsley might take a bit longer.

· Registered
6,094 Posts
Sharapova or Zvonareva.
I'd like to see them play eachother.

· Registered
4,909 Posts
azza said:
Maybe none of them..
:worship: Good Point

If I had to pick one.....and only picking one because I'm posting....Vera...however havn't seen Sprem play.....she looks too far away to even get close.....Ashley? I fear for her mental state on court (for now)... Sharapova will be up there very soon...just not this year, she still has things to learn yet :wavey:

· Registered
4,909 Posts
tenn_ace said:
Spream hasn't competed in a high level tournament to include her here... why not then to include Kuznetsova? Safina?
Fair point :wavey: I think Kuznetsova is going to only improve.....still young and as soon as the consistancy creeps in...who knows? Not top 10 this year...maybe in 2?

Safina...never seen her play....same as Harkleroad I question their mental toughness...I watched Molik play Safina on the scoreboard at wimbledon.com (as a major fan of Molik's) and Safina crumbled....but tough matches will fix that.

At the end of the day...no-one has crashed the scene like Capriati/Seles/Sabatini....it's just too even out there now to make an impact withing a year ot two. IMO

· Registered
20,498 Posts
Kirt12255 said:
Fair point :wavey: I think Kuznetsova is going to only improve.....still young and as soon as the consistancy creeps in...who knows? Not top 10 this year...maybe in 2?

Safina...never seen her play....same as Harkleroad I question their mental toughness...I watched Molik play Safina on the scoreboard at wimbledon.com (as a major fan of Molik's) and Safina crumbled....but tough matches will fix that.

At the end of the day...no-one has crashed the scene like Capriati/Seles/Sabatini....it's just too even out there now to make an impact withing a year ot two. IMO
you're right about Safina - menatlly she is a case as her borother.... expectations far exceeded of what she has achieved so far...

· Registered
20,498 Posts
but to answer the thread questions, it should be Vera... she's playing well, she is good on hard courts and likes carpet... she has a chance to get to LA at the end of the season... Maria is great, but she is just too far behind Vera at this point,

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.