Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ai Sugiyama can pass Serena as well if she can upset Amelie to reach SF.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
589 Posts
CJK said:
She is ranked right above the sisters. And going into the favourite part of the season for the sisters, she is going to be very very sad.

1) You are not picked for the Olympics, and you see the Williams sisters on tv playing Athens who just might pass you right there, on you 20th birthday.

2) If you are passed by the Williams sisters, then you can pretty much say sayonara to the top 10 ranking, which you are so close to yet so far away from.

3) You will not make YEC and you will not get seeded for you Naitonal Championship.

Tell me, how would you feel:). She is just a very, very, unlucky Russian player.
That makes no sense whatsoever.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SerenaVenusNo1 said:
That makes no sense whatsoever.
Arent you a trouble maker:).
The point is, Vera will be heavily affected by the sisters climbing the ranking, and all what she has worked for will be for nothing. It is just too bad. No Olympics, no top 10, no year end championship no nothing:(.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,570 Posts
true.....maybe she should try improving her game :shrug:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,133 Posts
She has had the last 12 months to improve her ranking, be in the top 10 etc. She just hasnt proven good enough yet...no sympathy at all imo..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,809 Posts
U never knoe what mite happen. Someone mite get injured...someone mite go into a slump.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Truthwillout

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,105 Posts
I'd use my right hand and I'd be careful not to touch any of the bits that might result in getting my face slapped. Juju would use her left hand and not care what happened coz she's as tough as anything. Momo would probably use both hands and adopt an "all court" approach.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Czechfan said:
She has had the last 12 months to improve her ranking, be in the top 10 etc. She just hasnt proven good enough yet...no sympathy at all imo..
wow, that's some harsh words.......
I mean, she did put a lot of efforts into making the Olympics team/top 10 etc. And she keeps playing week in and week out. It' not easy you know. I think her efforts for that alone deserve some standing O :angel: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,133 Posts
Well if you are a fan of hers, of course you will feel disapointment but the buck stops with Vera.. She's been relatively injury free (hasnt missed heaps of tennis due to injury), she has opportunities and not taken them - she needs to see a sports pshychologist to get her crying habit under control and maybe she can get past the 4th round stage at slams and go further...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Czechfan said:
Well if you are a fan of hers, of course you will feel disapointment but the buck stops with Vera.. She's been relatively injury free (hasnt missed heaps of tennis due to injury), she has opportunities and not taken them - she needs to see a sports pshychologist to get her crying habit under control and maybe she can get past the 4th round stage at slams and go further...
You cant blame her for choking. She is not the only who does that against Venus. And Anna PS is something who can make anyone choke by running you to death. Plus, she does not cry that much anymore. I just think it's so unlucky for her that from now on she'll have such a hard time defending her ranking since she is the one that's most affected by the Williams. I really hope she does well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,303 Posts
Well Jhie from china will make the olympics and is ranked way lower that vera and so are the aussies, british and all other player representeing their countries. Can't blam anyone if Russia has a slew of players in the top 20. Vera has had opportunities to make the top ten but wasted her chances, This time last year she was a much better player than Maria and Svetlana and even Suarez and they have made the top 10.
 

·
double-dog daredevil
Joined
·
12,044 Posts
*~ The Leopard ~* said:
I'd use my right hand and I'd be careful not to touch any of the bits that might result in getting my face slapped. Juju would use her left hand and not care what happened coz she's as tough as anything. Momo would probably use both hands and adopt an "all court" approach.
I'm an all-hands-on-deck girl, myself, but Momo's got that stylish one-handed thing going, don't you think?

just treating this thread with the seriousness it deserves
 
  • Like
Reactions: jean_genie

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,474 Posts
Everyone in the top ten should be afraid because neither Serena or Venus have ANY points to defend so they are going to shoot right up while the others shoot back down! Good Luck with your third US Open Crown Serena!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,274 Posts
CJK said:
Arent you a trouble maker:).
The point is, Vera will be heavily affected by the sisters climbing the ranking, and all what she has worked for will be for nothing. It is just too bad. No Olympics, no top 10, no year end championship no nothing:(.
Uh she is affected by everyone ranked ahead of her and around her not just the williams sisters. Like soemone else said this makes no sense to single out two people as the sole determinants of her ranking.

and in fact Vera herself is the main determinant of her ranking. If she wants to move up she should win some tournaments. end of story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,118 Posts
She needs to do well on the big stage. Enough of winning crap like Memphis, play with the big girls and win there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,118 Posts
She seems to be into overplaying. She needs to be careful about that.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CapFan#1 said:
Um, actually the Olympic teams are already set and from Russia it will be Nastya, Petrova, Elena D, and VERA!
Not Vera, the last one was Sveta.

No, the sisters are not the determinants. However, Vera will be the player that's going to be affected by the ranking move the sisters will make more directly than others since she is the one that's going to be defending throughout the summer into US Open, and she still cant use Olympics to get pts/play for her country. Just want to comment how "heartless" some of the posters are :). She does get emotional a lot of times, but that means she has heart. And that is why I like her, and yes, I do feel sorry for her for all these unlucky situations she'll be in.
 
1 - 20 of 70 Posts
Top