Banned
14,953 Posts
How many times must this be said?

SHE CRIES.

Get over it.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
I dont know, but the difference is Veras 18 and Dani is 21. Anyway Vera needs to get it under control, cos it means she looks vunerable to her opponents, but also get concentrate on what she has to do.

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
My only concern is shes starting to do it more often. I have seen her lose a couple of times, and shes didnt cry.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
My only concern is shes starting to do it more often. I have seen her lose a couple of times, and shes didnt cry.
I agree. I'm not generally a proponent of crying on the court in front of your opponents, but she's young. And she's a human being. She really wants these wins and it's frustrating. So she cries a little. So what?! I think it's healthy.

As for her opponents, I don't think she has to worry. They aren't going to be less scared to play her because she cried a few times after some heartbreaking losses. And with time and experience, we'll probably see fewer tears and more wins!!

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
I thought people liked emotions so much, wasn't a certain player cold for feeling empty after a big win?

now people cry and people still whine

make up your mind :rolleyes:

and in vera's case it seems that she has a falling back in old behavior. I am sure she will learn :)

·
Registered
63,741 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
I dont know, but the difference is Veras 18 and Dani is 21. Anyway Vera needs to get it under control, cos it means she looks vunerable to her opponents, but also get concentrate on what she has to do.
daniela is 20 she's not gonna be 21 until next april :p

·
In my new place!!
22,957 Posts
irma said:
I thought people liked emotions so much, wasn't a certain player cold for feeling empty after a big win?

now people cry and people still whine

make up your mind :rolleyes:

and in vera's case it seems that she has a falling back in old behavior. I am sure she will learn :)

:worship: Amen.

Reactions: vs1

·
Banned
14,953 Posts
Oh...

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
Vera seems to be quite an immature 18 year old to be honest. Those are like spoilt tears of an adolescent which can't get it's own way. She needs to follow Lina's example who still gets pumped up for her matches but really has toned it down over the past year or so.

Daniela only cried once as far as I'm aware. It was the culmunation of huge outside tabloid pressures which got to her which isn't surprising. I don't know if many of you realise how venomous the Brit tabloids can be.

·
Registered
63,741 Posts
British tabloids are the worst.
I hope daniela tries to avoid them next year by playing in Rosmalen (holland) at the Ordina Open (kim won there this year and I was there... justine didn't fall that hard and I was surprised she had to retire from the match by the way)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
i dont think vera is a bad loser..i saw the match and i honestly think vera should have won it so it's normal that she was frustrated.crying can be a sign of immaturity,but not a sign of poor sportmanship.
she is free to cry every time she wants!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Poor Vera! I feel sorry for her, I think frustration was the key but lack of match play recently has been a problem. Get well soon from your elbow troubles and kick ass!

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
i think it only shows her pashion to win and be succesfull, my heart goes out to her, but she will have many more chances.

congrats to meghann btw :)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Vera was very frustrated cos she lost second set making lots of errors and after that she went out of the match,she gave up.she just woke up in the last game and had some breakballs i guess,but it wasnt enough.
I repeat:Vera could and should have won it in 2.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.